[SOLVED] My laptop heats up and fps drops massively while playing games...

Jul 13, 2019
I own an Asus ROG GL503GE, which has 8gigs of RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, and Asus' cooling system is supposedly decent. But whenever I play games, it heats up a lot. Around 78°C for the GPU and similar for the CPU, when that happens, the frame rate drops massively, e.g., for FIFA 19 regularly I get about 42fps, but it drops below 20!!! when it heats up. How can I resolve this situation, other than getting a cooling pad?
I need some software solutions.

Solution
I own an Asus ROG GL503GE, which has 8gigs of RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, and Asus' cooling system is supposedly decent. But whenever I play games, it heats up a lot. Around 78°C for the GPU and similar for the CPU, when that happens, the frame rate drops massively, e.g., for FIFA 19 regularly I get about 42fps, but it drops below 20!!! when it heats up. How can I resolve this situation, other than getting a cooling pad?
Outside of say MSI Afterburner or similar to physically increase fan speeds under load (if they're not already high). You can change the fan profiles in the BIOS usually.

Outside of that, improving cooling and air flow is the only real choice.

The only way software will help...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Outside of say MSI Afterburner or similar to physically increase fan speeds under load (if they're not already high). You can change the fan profiles in the BIOS usually.

Outside of that, improving cooling and air flow is the only real choice.

The only way software will help cooling is by changing fan speeds.

Solution