Question My Laptop keys Work...some of the time

Klink918

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
So, this is really starting to puzzle me. I've tried cleaning under the keys, updating drivers, I've NEVER spilt anything on my laptop.... my patience is just wearing thin. It is the same keys that stop working at the same time, and turn back on at the same time. esc, L Alt, G, H, Numpad 1, and the Up arrow.

Reactions: Luke Dawn

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
So, this is really starting to puzzle me. I've tried cleaning under the keys, updating drivers, I've NEVER spilt anything on my laptop.... my patience is just wearing thin. It is the same keys that stop working at the same time, and turn back on at the same time. esc, L Alt, G, H, Numpad 1, and the Up arrow.

Does it start at any particular time with any program at all? Have you tried looking at processes that are running and ending unnecessary ones? They may be for some reason disabling them. Also, have you checked you have the right keyboard drivers?

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
I'm not well-experienced one, Wait for others. But still
If you can take a backup of important stuff. Just wipe out everything and reinstall windows. Solves many complicated drivers problem.

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Have not read all the posts, so not sure if it was suggested. But it not, have you tried running a Linux distro on a USB, just to check if the keyboard will have the same problem? This way, you can be sure if its a hardware or software issue.

Reactions: bfcallan

Klink918

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
It still seems to happen. No matter what, when it happens all the same keys just stop working simultaneously. Is there maybe an update or a possible virus in my computer?