Question My Laptop overheating randomly and have high cpu usages causing unreasonably heat spikes

Feb 6, 2020
So since I've got my laptop MSI GL65 (core i5 9300h - GTX 1650) I've not experienced any issues with it and games played fine with no overheating or spikes whatsoever.
I had to reset it tho because one time I found it significantly slower I figured it was a virus or malware and after reset everything was fixed.

Until recently, I find very weird cpu spikes using all cores and 4 ghz frequency, and the temps are not normal they jump up from 85-96 even though when I played heavy games like Assassin's Creed Syndicate or HITMAN 2 they were intensive on CPU but never made temps go past 85-90, meanwhile now when I'm literally just launching league of legends client I find temps jump up suddenly to 85-96 and go back then rise again if anything intense happened in game.

I've tried using malware bytes, running a full scan several times and found nothing, I have no idea what is causing this, I've also used Reset this PC option again and did a clean installation from scratch yet, I'm still facing the same problem, I need help with this.

It might be just windows. What process use that ? Viruses usually name themselves as svhost or another system service. If you will window real one you will end up with reboot or bluescreen.
Malwarebytes is solid, so suspect something you installed and not a virus.

for now lower max CPU speed to avoid overheats. link how to ->
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95574-change-maximum-processor-frequency-windows-10-a.html

if task manager is not enough try this:
Process Explorer
harder to use but its one of most useful tools on windows....

if that spikes are on random programs your disc is dying.....

Feb 6, 2020
It's a very weird problem even support do not know what this is.
I don't get spikes on specific programs or games, it's at specific times. and It's not from background processes etc because I'm telling you If for example I launch a heavy game rn like AC: Syndicate it'll reach 80 degrees Celsius maximum but if I launched it while I was facing the problem I'd see temps going above 95 and spikes all over the place.
It's like doing the exact same process but sometimes the laptop behaves regularly and other times it spikes like crazy (Same cpu usage- same everything) just significantly higher temps and spikes.
I'm starting to suspect this is a windows problem? I'm not entirely sure my knowledge is limited.

I've currently limited CPU usage to 95% (clocked at 2.29 GHz max) and temps aren't surpassing 60 but of course losing that extra performance of the i5 9300h until I figure out what this is.