Question My laptop's RTX 3060 is stuck on 210MHz core speed ?

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
I was playing Genshin and decided to leave my room for about 5 minutes. After that time, I noticed that the game is running at only 5 FPS. I've checked task manager and noticed that my 3D process in my GPU is running at 100%. I went to my Nvidia overlay and found out that the core speed is running at only 210MHz, the memory speed is at 405MHz and it's only drawing 15-17 Watts (idle or when gaming). Whenever I reinstall my GPU driver, it will work perfectly fine, but after a restart or shutdown, the problem will once again appear.

I've tried to install new Nvidia drivers (latest and older versions), I've used DDU, tried using the "Preferred maximum performance" in Nvidia control panel, tried installing fresh Windows, but nothing fixed my issue. Any help would be appreciated.

System Information:
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57-723G
Intel i7 - 11800H
RTX 3060 Mobile
1x16 3200MHz RAM

Apr 5, 2023
I have the same problem since around the time you posted this!!! Acer Nitro 5, same processor, videocard and all, please tell me you found a solution! Reinstalling the drivers only helps prior to restarting the laptop :(

Last edited:

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
I have the same problem since around the time you posted this!!! Acer Nitro 5, same processor, videocard and all, please tell me you found a solution! Reinstalling the drivers only helps prior to restarting the laptop :(
I forgot to put a solved tag here since I posted 2 of them in different sections, but anyways here is the solution that helped me. Please note that this is the same answer on the other section/forum, so I'll just paste it here.

"UPDATE: I've contacted Acer Philippines Customer Support. They gave me instructions on how to reset the battery: It's basically pressing the power button until the laptop turns off and holding it for 15-20 seconds (I did it for 1:20 minutes) and let it unplugged and turned off for 15-20 minutes. After that time, I plugged it back in, and it worked. My issue is now resolved thanks to Acer Philippines Customer Support. "

- Replied on March 19, 2023
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/acer-nitro-5-rtx-3060-gpu-problem.3800975/#post-22961666

It may not be the best "solution" for you, but trying won't make you lose anything. Please keep me updated (if you're willing to) if this "solution" helped you.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023
I forgot to put a solved tag here since I posted 2 of them in different sections, but anyways here is the solution that helped me. Please note that this is the same answer on the other section/forum, so I'll just paste it here.

"UPDATE: I've contacted Acer Philippines Customer Support. They gave me instructions on how to reset the battery: It's basically pressing the power button until the laptop turns off and holding it for 15-20 seconds (I did it for 1:20 minutes) and let it unplugged and turned off for 15-20 minutes. After that time, I plugged it back in, and it worked. My issue is now resolved thanks to Acer Philippines Customer Support. "

- Replied on March 19, 2023
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/acer-nitro-5-rtx-3060-gpu-problem.3800975/#post-22961666

It may not be the best "solution" for you, but trying won't make you lose anything. Please keep me updated (if you're willing to) if this "solution" helped you.
This worked, u 👑