Question My LG monitor says "Power Saving Mode" then turns black

Oryon44

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
Hi, I've been looking for an answer but can't find anything. I have my monitor connected to the pc through the cable. It doesn't say "No signal" so the cable is fine, I'm guessing. It shows the LG logo, then says "Power Saving Mode" for a few seconds and then nothing, pitch black. I have tried 3 cables til' now, only one if them said No Signal, the other 2 said "Power Saving Mode" so I guess the cable is fine? What could the problem be?

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
I had a similar problem with LG ultrawide where it was powered but wouldnt turn on. It was all black not even a signal logo or lg logo showing. The little joystick would glow red. Turns out I had a defective monitor and had to RMA it for a replacement. Was your monitor working fine before this happened or did it happen right out of the box? Might want to contact the place of purchase or LG for a replacement, Good luck!

Oryon44

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I had a similar problem with LG ultrawide where it was powered but wouldnt turn on. It was all black not even a signal logo or lg logo showing. The little joystick would glow red. Turns out I had a defective monitor and had to RMA it for a replacement. Was your monitor working fine before this happened or did it happen right out of the box? Might want to contact the place of purchase or LG for a replacement, Good luck!

Thanks for the reply,

The monitor hasn't worked since I got it, the power light is blue at the start then turns orange and stays that way. I looked online and there's a video that suggests removing the battery (little silver circle) from the motherboard and putting it back in, I'll try that, if that doesn't work then not much can be done I guess.

Oryon44

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
Update: Tried connecting the PC to a TV through the hdmi cable and it worked. So, the problem must be in the cable or the pc. I'm using a VGA to VGA cable so that might be the problem. Will try a VGA to DVI (the monitor only has the VGA port).

TRENDING THREADS