[SOLVED] My M.2 SSD is not detected. Is it broken?

Sep 24, 2019
I built my first PC a few days ago. I used a ASUS ROG Strix B450-F motherboard and a WD green 2280 M.2 SSD.

I got my PC up and running and it works great. The one issue with it is that the SSD is not detected.

I want to know why the SSD is not detected. When I tried installing it initially I did it incorrectly. Embarassingly I didn't realise that M.2 slots on motherboards have a middle bit where the SSD connects in, so I was trying to connect the M.2 to the bit between the base of the motherboard and the bottom holder thing. I tried to push it in with just over medium force a few times before realising my mistake, then I slotted it in correctly and fastened it down with the standoff in place.

Is it likely that my initial attempt to install the M.2 SSD broke the pins? Are they particularly fragile when hadled like this? Or do I have to tinker with the BIOS to get the SSD to be detected?

Sep 24, 2019
Yeah, but I'm concerned they might not accept it because I fear I may have damaged the pins on my first installation attempt.

Like I said it's my first time building a PC so I don't know how susceptible to damage SSDs are so I'd like some assurance from a person more experienced firstly with SSDs and secondly returning components that it is likely I did or didn't break the SSD