[SOLVED] My middle case fan is making a rattling noise

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
I bought a cheap three rgb fan set for 20 dollars on a reseller website. I have had them for a good two months and recently picked up the fan speed to compensate for the high hard drive temps. Since then my middle case fan has been making this Rattling noise and when i stop it with my finger the noise ceases. This just started two days ago. When i stop the fan with my finger the noise goes away and the fan picks back up to its increased speed then the noise comes back. Its quite loud and im surprised a case fan can be quite audible.

Solution
RDSLW has made the suggestion I was going to make he must have done it as I was typing , it might be as he has said , a loose screw and this could be causing the dust gauze to be catching the fan blades. It might be work trying to tighten or slacken different screws on the fan mount to see if the noise goes away.

I had to do this on my coolermaster cases side fan to stop it rubbing the gauze.
RDSLW has made the suggestion I was going to make he must have done it as I was typing , it might be as he has said , a loose screw and this could be causing the dust gauze to be catching the fan blades. It might be work trying to tighten or slacken different screws on the fan mount to see if the noise goes away.

I had to do this on my coolermaster cases side fan to stop it rubbing the gauze.

Solution