Question My Minecraft Framerate Is Lower Than It Used To Be With Shaders

Sep 8, 2019
So a while back, I got a new power supply for my pc and a new graphics card so I could run minecraft shaders.
I used to run shaders at around 80-120 fps but now, months later, the fps studders from 90 to 70 to 50 to 80 to 40 and so on. I have optifine and I have allocated 8 gigabytes of ram to minecraft. What is causing this problem?
PC Specs -
16 GB Ram
Intel Core i7-7700k CPU
64 bit System
Radeon RX 590 Series Graphics Card
Windows 10
64 Bit Java

For example, if I get on hypixel and play the pit, my frames jump around from 40 fps to 90 fps. And my gpu is only at 50% during that time, memory is at 60-70%, cpu is at 30%, but frames are still pretty low.
Not to mention, there's this mod pack that I use sildur's vibrant shaders medium on, and my framerate range is at 30 - 100 fps. I ask other people what specs they have and some people have better consistent framerate with worse pc specs than mine.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019
Ok, so I've made a post in the past about my framerate and I tried updating my graphics card driver. I have an amd radeon rx 590 series. I went to the website and saw there was a driver released 6 days ago so I started downloading it. I had arleady installed some of it and it was on another installation process but stupid old me decided I should probably check in with my dad before downloading it since he's real good with computers . I hit stop installation and it stop and said that a portion of the driver was installed. I decided to keep testing minecraft until my dad got home and the framerate was still relatively the same, if not a little higher. By the way, on vanilla minecraft my framerate is 60 fps and with a modpack and shaders it is from 30 - 100 fps. Anyways, my dad got home and I told him about what I tried to do with the driver and he told me to just download the driver again. I downloaded it again and started up minecraft and tested it on vanilla with shaders and on a modpack with shaders, my framerate was still bad. I've checked with other people who don't have as great pc specs as me and they run the modpack with higher frames with shaders. I allocated 8gb of ram to minecraft, java is 64 bit, and my processor is an i7-7700k and my gpu is the radeon rx 590 series.