My Monitor can't decide on D sub or DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2019
I have an AOC monitor that I use for gaming. Recently, I've been getting this VERY frequent pop up right in the middle of my screen that says: "D-Sub" on top and "DVI" on bottom.
Then the selection keeps switching between the two automatically for a little bit, and sometimes it disappears only to reappear a few seconds later. And sometimes it chooses DVI and then resets my screen everytime making it go dark and when it comes back on, there is a message letting me know I'm on DVI that goes away in a few seconds only to be replaced by that selection message again. I don't know what to do anymore, I've already cleaned my GPU, RAM, and the cable, and have also re-seated my GPU to make sure it wasn't loose or anything, but that hasn't helped one bit. There's also barely anything on the web for this. I only managed to find one forum in which someone brought this problem up, but that didn't help either.

What's the connection (D-SUB or DVI) between the GPU and the monitor?

It seems that once in a while, the monitor loses connection to the GPU, and switches to the other interface, only to detect the signal back on its connected interface. I'd swap the cable first, try other connection if your GPU supports both, and swap the monitor to see where's the problem.

Feb 7, 2019

I don't have another monitor I can test it on, and my monitor only supports VGA and DVI, My GTX 1050 Only has one compatible part: the DVI. And thats what I'm using. Are there any other ways to find what the problem is? I'm very sure the cables are securely in as I tightened them both nicely on both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.