my monitor doesnt show full screen what to do?

AMAL SB

Distinguished
May 4, 2016
my dell s2216h doesnt show full screen..but when the power on the dell logo is in full screen but after its not in full screen..wht to do?i have integrated graphics card radeon 3000

Solution
Well, first off, if you're not comfortable with editing your registry you should avoid doing it. If you've already done it exactly as that post described, and it still isn't displaying correctly after restarting, I would remove that registry key. But, and I can't stress this enough, make sure you're just removing the key you created. If you're not 100% sure which one you made, then leave it alone.

As far as what's going on, I think it's an underscan setting. Underscan and overscan are compatibility settings dating back to analog television. Things like size and position and actual resolution versus displayed resolution. When older AMD graphics connect via HDMI, they often think they're connected to a TV and turn on underscanning to...

AMAL SB

Distinguished
May 4, 2016

yea its not display full..up nd bottom and right nd left sides..just reduced as my previous monitor size 1360*768 something

in display its shows 1920*1080 but its not fit

If you've set your computer to 1920x1080 and it's not showing up full screen on your monitor, it could be underscanning. If you've got AMD CCC installed you can try changing the underscan setting there until things look like they fit. But it may not remember that setting after restart. I also found a thread where they set it with a registry tweak, if you're comfortable doing that:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/359424-33-catalyst-overscan-setting-restart-issue#7422982

It's worth reading the whole thread, but that's the specific post with the tweak. Some people also had some luck changing to DVI cables/adapters, as it seemed to relate to AMD's handling of HDMI in older systems.

AMAL SB

Distinguished
May 4, 2016

what is amd ccc i just have a intergrated graphics

AMAL SB

Distinguished
May 4, 2016

nope it doesnt work

what will be the problem?is it cause graphics card? or any other issue..its not the monitor problem right?

Well, first off, if you're not comfortable with editing your registry you should avoid doing it. If you've already done it exactly as that post described, and it still isn't displaying correctly after restarting, I would remove that registry key. But, and I can't stress this enough, make sure you're just removing the key you created. If you're not 100% sure which one you made, then leave it alone.

As far as what's going on, I think it's an underscan setting. Underscan and overscan are compatibility settings dating back to analog television. Things like size and position and actual resolution versus displayed resolution. When older AMD graphics connect via HDMI, they often think they're connected to a TV and turn on underscanning to make sure the whole image is displayed.

Normally you'd just change the setting in your AMD Catalyst Control Panel, CCC for short. Otherwise you can try the registry tweak mentioned above, if you're comfortable with it. Beyond that, you can try connecting with a different type of cable, such as DVI or VGA, although that last is analog and may have lower quality.

Solution