Question My monitor shuts off after driver update?

Oct 7, 2024
Hello,

A couple of days ago I installed the latest Nvidia GeForce driver. A few minutes after the install, my monitor screen goes black and it does not detect anything.

I switched from display port to HDMI. My screen came back up but only for a few minutes before the monitor stops detecting a connection. Screen goes black.

My computer turns on and my GPU is running. I tried switching monitors but it only sometimes will detect my computer until the monitor no longer detects. I tried unplugging the power supply, resetting the GPU, and I also tried other HDMI cables.

I'm not sure why my monitor detects my desktop sometimes. Usually it's after I unplug everything and let it sit for a while. I was able to get into my computer long enough to download DDU to clean the drivers and then I revert back to the previous driver update before the new one. I'm still having the same problem.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the GPU overheating, maybe the cables are bad, or maybe the GPU is done. I'd rather try anything before buying a new GPU, cables, or power supply.

I can't see my exact PC specs but this is what I have:

GPU: MSI 3090 TI
CPU: Intel I7
RAM: 64 GIGS
Power Supply: Corsair RM850X

Thank you so much for any help!

TRENDING THREADS