Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Hi Guys

I just bought a new computer with this spec:

1) BOXDG43NB
2) Intel core 2 quad 2.33
3) 2GB * 2 DDR2 800(Kingston)
4) 640 GB WD

I got problem while I'm trying to install OS on it.... i tried to install different OS'es(Xp with sp3, xp(without sp), win7) but all gave me the same result- error-...

I read the reviews about this mobo in newegg, and i heared people that complaining from this mobo like me, and i didn't find the solution that will let me be able to boot the OS and run it....

every time when i tried to install the Xp the blue screen(screen of death appear to me, during the installation)....

please guys, I need ur help ... i'm not able now to run any OS's, I can't do anything...

Not familiar with that mobo, but typically in my experience BSOD's during install point to a couple of things that I would try to eliminate first.

1) Bad ram/ one bad module- try booting with one stick and then the other. try memtest. This is a fairly easy and quick problem to diagnose.

2) Bad hard drive/ improperly configured. I have an old hard drive that is no good as a boot drive but works just fine as a data drive, and has for years. Weird huh? Also I have had motherboards that would not work unless I changed the setting in bios to "Legacy IDE Mode" also a little quirky. And that was with a newer SATA drive.

Anyway I would try some other things first before buying a new motherboard or sending this one back for RMA.

q8y

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
I already did that... Nothing changed....

What should I do ?? is there is a solution for that ???

q8y

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009

buzznut

after a hard work and alotof diagnoses , I figured out that it was from the harddrive. I did try to use my old harddrive(IDE 40 GB) and it just worked fine...

although my New harddrive(640 GB sata WD) is recognized well in the setup....

what do you mean by "Legacy IDE Mode" ??? what will this do ??

Thanks alot