[SOLVED] My neighborhood has been suffering from blackouts every day this week.

Nov 17, 2020
After restarting my computer the keyboard and mouse were not recognized. I had to restart my pc over a dozen times including a half dozen times unplugging my power cable. I also disconnected my external hard drives and my Oculus Quest 2 link cable.
When my pc keyboard & mouse started working, I checked my device monitor and could see no errors. Any ideas about how to check what happened ? By the third restart I saw my keyboard and mouse light up on the boot cycle, but then they went off again right away with windows 10 loaded.

Solution
After restarting my computer the keyboard and mouse were not recognized. I had to restart my pc over a dozen times including a half dozen times unplugging my power cable. I also disconnected my external hard drives and my Oculus Quest 2 link cable.
When my pc keyboard & mouse started working, I checked my device monitor and could see no errors. Any ideas about how to check what happened ? By the third restart I saw my keyboard and mouse light up on the boot cycle, but then they went off again right away with windows 10 loaded.
Usually....with power failure....I find the most common components to get damaged are the power supply and/or the motherboard.
I would swap in a supply...as it is easier.
If that didn't fix it I would...
Usually....with power failure....I find the most common components to get damaged are the power supply and/or the motherboard.
I would swap in a supply...as it is easier.
If that didn't fix it I would change the motherboard.
I don't think I've ever had to go past that point.

Solution