Question My new build crashes / BSOD only when running PUBG

Dimitris Sfakianakis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
Hi Community, I am getting blue screens (BSOD) when playing PUBG. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online.

This is exclusive to PUBG. I am able to use my computer for hours, playing other more GPU / CPU / RAM intensive games. This is a link that accurately describes my issue. I have also tried everything mentioned in the article, mainly disabling the two anti-cheat software.

The troubleshooting list includes:
-Fresh install of Win11
-Fresh install of Win10
-Updating Bios
-Disabling CPU boost in Bios
-Intel driver update
-GPU driver update
-Memory test
just to name a few.

This is the output from BlueScreenView. It's always the same filename "ntoskrnl.exe" but different bug check strings in the blue screen:
https://ibb.co/F4GykDP

These are my specs:
https://ibb.co/Cnzj1v7

I am a desparate man asking for advice, ideas, opinions.

Thanks!

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Hi Community, I am getting blue screens (BSOD) when playing PUBG. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online.

This is exclusive to PUBG. I am able to use my computer for hours, playing other more GPU / CPU / RAM intensive games. This is a link that accurately describes my issue. I have also tried everything mentioned in the article, mainly disabling the two anti-cheat software.

The troubleshooting list includes:
-Fresh install of Win11
-Fresh install of Win10
-Updating Bios
-Disabling CPU boost in Bios
-Intel driver update
-GPU driver update
-Memory test
just to name a few.

This is the output from BlueScreenView. It's always the same filename "ntoskrnl.exe" but different bug check strings in the blue screen:
https://ibb.co/F4GykDP

These are my specs:
https://ibb.co/Cnzj1v7

I am a desparate man asking for advice, ideas, opinions.

Thanks!
Don't know if I can help, but did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, since the problem only appears with the particular program. It's best not to use acronyms on the forum. Some are knowledgeable in troubleshooting, but not into gaming. I had to google it to see what you were referring to. Could be that this particular program has a problem with only your particular hardware configuration. I've worked on sophisticated medical equipment and this sort of thing can happen even on the most expensive and heavily tested software.
DaleH
DaleH

Dimitris Sfakianakis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
Don't know if I can help, but did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, since the problem only appears with the particular program. It's best not to use acronyms on the forum. Some are knowledgeable in troubleshooting, but not into gaming. I had to google it to see what you were referring to. Could be that this particular program has a problem with only your particular hardware configuration. I've worked on sophisticated medical equipment and this sort of thing can happen even on the most expensive and heavily tested software.
DaleH
DaleH

Sorry, PUBG stands for Player Unknown Battle Grounds. It's an FPS game on Steam.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't solve anything. After two clean installs of different windows versions, I'm still having the same issue.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Sorry, PUBG stands for Player Unknown Battle Grounds. It's an FPS game on Steam.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't solve anything. After two clean installs of different windows versions, I'm still having the same issue.
Did you uninstall the PUBG software and then reinstall it? Have you tried installing Linux and then running PUBG under LINUX? If it runs ok under Linux, that would give you a clue. I believe you can install Linux without uninstalling Windows.
DaleH

Dimitris Sfakianakis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
That screen shot of CoreTemp is with Cinebench running? The test is 10 minutes long.

Have you undervolted the cpu? Only125 watts running Cinebench23?

Yes, I took the screenshot at the end of the 10 minute cinebench test.

I have not undervolted my CPU, but I have disabled the "intel turbo boost technology", as part of troubleshooting my issue. Maybe that's why?

Dimitris Sfakianakis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
Did you uninstall the PUBG software and then reinstall it? Have you tried installing Linux and then running PUBG under LINUX? If it runs ok under Linux, that would give you a clue. I believe you can install Linux without uninstalling Windows.
DaleH

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have even had 2 fresh installations of windows 10 and 11, but issue persists. Unfortunately PUBG is not available in Linux.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I would definitely have tried that if it was.