My new build shutdown by itself, but I can't figure out why. Kernel 41 error

ixamer

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Hi,
I've been using my new pc last month and sometimes it just restart by itself, and I'm not able to find out how to fix it.

BUILD:
Phanteks Eclipse P400
Intel Core I7-7700K 4.2GHz BOX
Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming
Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Corsair CS750M 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR OC 8GB GDDR5
G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB
Sdd 256gb and Hdd 2tb

WHEN DOES IT HAPPEN:
Well, it's really random and I'm not sure, but mostly when I demand some graphics power like 3d live rendering on Blender and Cinema4D or gaming on pubg/btf1..
Sometimes it's when I've been playing/rendering some hours and others just 5 min after turning on PC
It also happened sometimes simply by using chrome

It turns off and inmediately turns on again, and when I checkthe event log it appears "Critical: Kernel-power error 41 task 63"

THINGS I'VE TRIED : I think almost everything I found on internet
-Changed power plug from multiple socket to wall plug
-Checked every physical connection on the build few times
-Run ram memtest
-Run benchmarks to on GPU, CPU and Pc stability tools to check everything is running well(never shutdown by doing this)
-Check temps on Core Temp (never went over 80-83ºC with really heavy using)
-Uninstall and reinstall every driver few times
-Update BIOS
-Disable all OC, turning ram speed to default on this MoBo(2133)
-Change all power preferences to high performance

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot for trying to help!

Solution
default RAM is 2400MHz with this CPU

reset BIOS by jumper
reflash the BIOS to version 1203 in BIOS, don´t use windows to flash it

the peaks are irrelevant on that sensor

run intel processor diagnostics tool
check the cpu socket pins of the motherboard, if some are bent

run prime95 version 26.6 with option smallFFT, temperature after 10minutes?

run furmark stress test, temperature after 10minutes?

check your hard drives with the manufacturer´s tools

ixamer

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017

Hi!, I connected PCIe cable from PCIe ports on PSU to both ports on GPU: 1x 6pin and 1x 8pin.
Is it wrong?

ixamer

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017

Hi!, I'm not pretty sure if I'm doing right, but on AI Suite 3 it's always between 12V and 12.096V (for +12V info), also on 5.120V (on+5V info) and cpu says between 1,216V and 1,248.

On HWinfo64 says minimum 12.000V and maximum 12.096V on regular but when I ran Furmark it made a 11.904V minimum

ixamer

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017

Ok, I get a 11.993V on average when running pubg and 11.904V as lower value. I got two restarts playing in less than an hour, one of them didn't let me turn on again until I unplugged cable from PSU and plugged again after pressing few times ON power button :/

I suggest you to do barebone build, just leave CPU and RAM and try to boot and test i think you could run (after installing drivers for HD graphics) some games, if it worked (you have to uninstall HD graphics software) then re-assemble rest of build and before booting it up just clear CMOS and start it.

ixamer

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017

I checked every connection again when I installed two Corsair Air Series AF120 120x120mm that lowered around 5 and 10 degrees on the average temps and it didn't happened me until last night that I had open few chrome tabs and I was processing on After Effects.

Does that give info to know better what could be?

I'm asking because I didn't have this kind of restarts on last 20 days with heavy use so maybe checking with the barebone build will be like really hard and could take me lot of weeks.

Thanks!

I think its simple solution, your motherboard is overreacting on high temp on mosfet or VRM, maybe even chipset.
Soo basicly to check that download hwinfo and check for sensor tab, there you can find all temperatures.

ixamer

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017

Thanks and hi again. I've been using Hwinfo and I got a really strange value when using heavy load using programs as Blender when rendering. It's on Temp2 from the motherboard sensor, and I tried to talk with and agent on Asus chat support and after 10 minutes talking he basically told me "Well I think it's probably not a mobo error" and he left the chat :/

This sensor reads 0ºc and when rendering makes peaks of 124ºC :ouch: . It's a hwinfo error? Do I probably have any sensor on bad shape? what should I check next?

GO7WGZ2.png

I also re-applied the termal paste just in case and I didn't find any difference

Thanks for the help

default RAM is 2400MHz with this CPU

reset BIOS by jumper
reflash the BIOS to version 1203 in BIOS, don´t use windows to flash it

the peaks are irrelevant on that sensor

run intel processor diagnostics tool
check the cpu socket pins of the motherboard, if some are bent

run prime95 version 26.6 with option smallFFT, temperature after 10minutes?

run furmark stress test, temperature after 10minutes?

check your hard drives with the manufacturer´s tools

Solution