[SOLVED] My new build won’t boot, code A2 ?

Jan 16, 2023
SORTED with help from here!
I have just built a new gaming pc.
Reaches Gigabyte BIOS screen and freezes. Motherboard LED shows A2.
Tried downloading latest BIOS from Gigabyte onto usb drive and flashing Q BIOS, not responding. Any other way to update BIOS, before. Start dismantling the drives and GPU?
My system:
Gigabyte Z790 Master motherboard
Gigabyte rtx4080 graphics card
CPU Intel i7-13700k
Memory 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR5 Vengeance RGB Black, PC5-48000 (6000)
Samsung 980 pro M.2SSD, cloned from my present working pc

MOD EDIT
Have now managed to update the BIOS using QBios+ to version F5.
Now getting a blue screen and msg saying that my pc needs recovery. ?

Last edited:
I have just built a new gaming pc.
Reaches Gigabyte BIOS screen and freezes. Motherboard LED shows A2.
Tried downloading latest BIOS from Gigabyte onto usb drive and flashing Q BIOS, not responding. Any other way to update BIOS, before. Start dismantling the drives and GPU?
My system:
Gigabyte Z790 Master motherboard
Gigabyte rtx4080 graphics card
CPU Intel i7-13700k
Memory 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR5 Vengeance RGB Black, PC5-48000 (6000)
Samsung 980 pro M.2SSD, cloned from my present working pc

MOD EDIT
Have now managed to update the BIOS using QBios+ to version F5.
Now getting a blue screen and msg saying that my pc needs recovery. ?

Now you need to install Windows.

Jan 16, 2023
"Samsung 980 pro M.2SSD, cloned from my present working pc"

So your trying to use a clone of Windows that came from a different PC ?
yes I tried to clone a M.2 SSD from one in my previous pc using Samsung magician, and got the message.
I have since made a bootable flash drive from the Windows website, and have tried numerous times to get it to install Windows (clean) in the new machine. It reaches the end of installation and gives an error message along the lines of : it cannot get the machine to boot and I have to reinstall Windows

Jan 16, 2023
Yes, I tried deleting partitions, first on my M.2 drives, then on my SATA drives, each time the installation starts and then ends with the message

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation.

Jan 16, 2023
Found my main M.2 nvme drive was defective, when tried on a different pc. Removing it has allowed the windows setup to proceed a bit further, but I am now stuck at the screen demanding a network connection. My motherboard says Wi-Fi 6e, and I have fitted the antenna. I do have Wi-Fi on my other devices in the house.Don’t know how to set up Wi-Fi on the new pc without windows. This must sound a very basic question, but I cannot find a solution. Please help

Jan 16, 2023
Assuming this is win 11, I found out it is a bit different, than 10. Windows 10, there was a small link that said I don't have internet.

Great, that worked!
Phew, that was a life saver.
However, my monitor settings have gone down to basic HD. I have found a Dell driver for my 3218 monitor, but it is not being installed. I still have the generic pnp monitor settings. Trying to work out how to get my display resolution up.
Thanks for your help. I still haven’t got Wi-Fi, but the LAN is now working.

Jan 16, 2023

logainofhades

Titan
Jan 16, 2023
Unfortunately, both my M.2 nvme Samsung 980 pro sticks are not being recognised. Not visible in Samsung Magician or in Windows 11, though I can see them in my Aorus BIOS. Seems to be a driver issue. I have tried to download the Samsung nvme 3.3 driver from their website, but it is not installing.