My new built PC does not show the bios when i open it it say i have to reboot and select a proper boot device.......

Nov 4, 2018
I just built a PC i am not sure what is wrong with it exactly, because when i open it everything runs perfectly fine, and in the screen it shows " reboot and slect proper device..." what is the issue and how can i fix it? plz help

Nov 4, 2018

no not my storage, but i downloaded a windows software and put it in a usb, the only problem i actually have is that no matter what button shows up, the text "reboot and select proper boot device..." and i cannot access my bios at all, i dont know what to do, is there something wrong with my plugin like my sata ports because i plugged it in to sata 1i am using a wd green 120gb ssd

Nov 4, 2018

so basically i NEED the windows installation file in my usb to even run my bios??

Nov 4, 2018

i used this site to donwload the windows thing: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
mobo: msi z370 A pro
cpu: core i5 8600k
gpu: palit 1060 6gb
cooler: cooler master 212 led

Colif

Win 11 Master
You shouldn't need installer in to see the bios, I was just answering why you might get that error from USB. Its clearly not seeing the installer on the USB

Try pressing del key as soon as PC starts, it should go into bios. F11 would take you to boot menu