[SOLVED] My new built pc wont boot

Dec 31, 2018
So i just built my new pc but it wont boot. I’ve tried everything and searched the internet for hours but cant find anything. All it does is whenever i plug in the power cord and press start it the computer just gives a click sound once and then nothing happens. Im starting to think its a problem with one of the components being broken or something but im not sure. If anyone has any ideas on what i should do i would really appreciate it.

Here are my components

Phanatek Shift Evolv
Corsair SF600
Asus Radeon RX580 OC
Deepcool Captain 120EX
Asus B360-I
I7 8700k
Hyper X 8gb ram
Samsung 970 evo 500gb

Solution
Try taking out your graphics card and connect to the onboard graphics on the motherboard then I would recommend resetting bios in case anything happened there should be a reset switch on the board or I/o sheild

gourge

Reputable
Nov 6, 2018
There are two possibilities with one click either you don’t have a keyboard connected or quick boot is set to disabled. Connect a keyboard or check the manual about quick boot and how to disable it

gourge

Reputable
Nov 6, 2018
Try taking out your graphics card and connect to the onboard graphics on the motherboard then I would recommend resetting bios in case anything happened there should be a reset switch on the board or I/o sheild

Solution
Dec 31, 2018

How do i conmect to onboard graphics? Do i just plug in a hdmi cable to the motherboard?

Dec 31, 2018

Yes i did. I did some testing and narrowed it down to the gpu. Whenever the gpu is plugged into the psu it makes a click from the psu and nothing happens. Then when i unplug the power from the gpu it starts working again. Idk what causes this or how to fix it but when i googled it and found out that other people had the same problem people were saying its because of a faulty gpu and it should be replaced. Do you jave any other advice to maybe work around this issue? I live like 3 hours from a computer tech stoee and i cant be bothered driving 3 hours if theres a workaround. Thanks a lot!