[SOLVED] my new computer is freezing !

Sep 14, 2019
excuse me guys but i have a problem that made me so sad ..

i bought a computer before 2 weeks

• ASrock B450M steel legend motherboard
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • gigabyte gtx 1660Ti 6G Aorus triple fan
  • 2x8 cruical ballistix ram 3000hz
  • ssd Samsung evo 970 250Gb
  • 1 TB wb hardisk
  • thermaltake litepower psu 650W
  • coolermaster cpu cooler
  • coolermaster b511 case

but suddenly while im working on 3d max or just stay on desktop doing nothing , my computer freeze for 2-3 mins and the screen goes black for seconds and comes back again . i should close any program after the freeze because it became bugged and stopped working . the freeze happens randomly maybe twice a day .

Solution
Whea errors are almost always lack of voltage to the cpu. Sometimes you get lucky and the pc just 'burps' for a second as the cpu lowers its clocks and voltage needs temporarily, but most times you get a bluescreen, bsod.

You have a bunch of really decent and somewhat expensive parts, and power it all (a gaming pc no less) with a psu that even in its title says LITEpower. A psu designed for office use, not gaming pc usage where a decent gpu will be making instantaneous huge amperage demands, every other second.

You bought flip-flops. Fine, go to the beach. Don't try running a hundred yard dash in them, not gonna work out well.

It's not the size. That pc will purr like a kitten on a good quality 550w psu. It's the fact that the...
excuse me guys but i have a problem that made me so sad ..

i bought a computer before 2 weeks

• ASrock B450M steel legend motherboard
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • gigabyte gtx 1660Ti 6G Aorus triple fan
  • 2x8 cruical ballistix ram 3000hz
  • ssd Samsung evo 970 250Gb
  • 1 TB wb hardisk
  • thermaltake litepower psu 650W
  • coolermaster cpu cooler
  • coolermaster b511 case
but suddenly while im working on 3d max or just stay on desktop doing nothing , my computer freeze for 2-3 mins and the screen goes black for seconds and comes back again . i should close any program after the freeze because it became bugged and stopped working . the freeze happens randomly maybe twice a day .
Could be 1000 reasons, check windows health as well drivers and for malware first. I would also suspect HDD going to sleep and takes time to access until it wakes up. Chock your windows power plan and set disk's sleep time to 0/Never.

Your power supply is EXTREMELY poor quality. It is VERY unlikely that it is able to sustain the power requirements of your graphics card under high impact loads like what you are probably experiencing with the use of 3dMax. So whether that is the issue or not, it is something I would address. In fact, I'd replace that power supply as soon as possible with a high quality 550-650w model. Thermaltake and Cooler master mostly sell crap power supplies. If you want recommendations we can provide those.

Did you buy this computer already assembled with Windows already installed, or did you built this system yourself?

Sep 14, 2019
Could be 1000 reasons, check windows health as well drivers and for malware first. I would also suspect HDD going to sleep and takes time to access until it wakes up. Chock your windows power plan and set disk's sleep time to 0/Never.

i will check my windows health but i think there are no problems in it , also how can i change disk's sleep ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 14, 2019
Your power supply is EXTREMELY poor quality. It is VERY unlikely that it is able to sustain the power requirements of your graphics card under high impact loads like what you are probably experiencing with the use of 3dMax. So whether that is the issue or not, it is something I would address. In fact, I'd replace that power supply as soon as possible with a high quality 550-650w model. Thermaltake and Cooler master mostly sell crap power supplies. If you want recommendations we can provide those.

Did you buy this computer already assembled with Windows already installed, or did you built this system yourself?

sadly i dont know that information about that crap power supply , the seller recommended me that power supply . So can you recommend me a good power supply ?

yea i built it myself before 2 weeks .
Do you have any notes about that built ?
and what is your opinion about that motherboard (ASROCK b450 legend steel) ?

Sep 13, 2019
I agree with Dark because I had the very same problem except my old Seasonic 520w PSU had aged. I upped to power hungry components like an AMD CPU and 4g 256bit video card. I replaced it with Seasonic 750w Focus Gold and all is well.

Just because a seller recommended it doesn't make it gospel. Do your research instead. Grab a Seasonic 750 Gold like I did and be safe.

Motherboard is fine. Power supply is not very good.

Probably a software issue though. Make sure your motherboard has the latest bios version installed. Make sure all drivers from the motherboard product page are installed. What Windows version?

Have you done a clean install of Windows?

Reactions: omar hamdy

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
There is a bios that might be just from after you bought the pc/motherboard so see if you have it and if not flash to that one. Also make sure to update the chipset drivers first to the latest (if you don't have them already) for good measure since Asrock says it's best to do that.

Sep 14, 2019
Motherboard is fine. Power supply is not very good.

Probably a software issue though. Make sure your motherboard has the latest bios version installed. Make sure all drivers from the motherboard product page are installed. What Windows version?

Have you done a clean install of Windows?
ok i will check my bios updates and the drivers ..
windows 10 version 1809
i dont know if the seller installed me that windows well or not but my friend got the same built and every thing is okay with him i think i need to reinstall my window again with right drivers then i will check my bios

Windows build version 1809 had a number of problems that were never resolved until the release of 1903. I would highly recommend doing a clean install of version 1903 or at the very least, upgrading to version 1903. I would definitely check the BIOS version first though, and then afterwards see about upgrading the Windows version.

Sep 14, 2019
Windows build version 1809 had a number of problems that were never resolved until the release of 1903. I would highly recommend doing a clean install of version 1903 or at the very least, upgrading to version 1903. I would definitely check the BIOS version first though, and then afterwards see about upgrading the Windows version.

i installed a new windows (windows 10 enterprise) and the same freeze happened again but the screen did not go black . it became blue and showed this massage >>

" :(
your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart . We are just collecting some error info , and then we will restart for you .

if you call a support person ,give them this info:
stop code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR "

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Whea errors are almost always lack of voltage to the cpu. Sometimes you get lucky and the pc just 'burps' for a second as the cpu lowers its clocks and voltage needs temporarily, but most times you get a bluescreen, bsod.

You have a bunch of really decent and somewhat expensive parts, and power it all (a gaming pc no less) with a psu that even in its title says LITEpower. A psu designed for office use, not gaming pc usage where a decent gpu will be making instantaneous huge amperage demands, every other second.

You bought flip-flops. Fine, go to the beach. Don't try running a hundred yard dash in them, not gonna work out well.

It's not the size. That pc will purr like a kitten on a good quality 550w psu. It's the fact that the guts of the psu simply can't handle the punches the gpu is dishing out.

Its all about the model, not the brand. If that was a Toughpower model, you'd not be having these issues with power.

Solution
Sep 14, 2019
Exactly. I don't think you can even reasonably ATTEMPT to figure out if the problem is something else until you replace that doorstop with a real power supply.

okay i will change my power supply but i can not chose between COUGAR CMX 700 Watt 80+ bronze and seasonic s12II 620 Watt 80+ Bronze .. so what do you think is better between them ?

Sep 14, 2019

It's not the size. That pc will purr like a kitten on a good quality 550w psu. It's the fact that the guts of the psu simply can't handle the punches the gpu is dishing out.

Its all about the model, not the brand. If that was a Toughpower model, you'd not be having these issues with power.
okay i will change my power supply but i can not chose between COUGAR CMX 700 Watt 80+ bronze and seasonic s12II 620 Watt 80+ Bronze .. so what do you think is better between them ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Seasonic, by a long shot. It's an older design, still group regulated, but that doesn't diminish the fact those are proven, over and over, to be extremely good psus. They may not have the best outputs compared to some new dc-dc designs, they are just solid. I've been running the older, semi-modular version of the S12-II, the M12-II, almost 24/7 for the last 7 years without a single hiccup.

Just make sure it's the S12-II and Not the S12-III.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The S12-III is Seasonic brand but was subcontracted out to RSY and just isn't the same quality of workmanship nor ability. It's the first Seasonic I recommend against purchasing. If I got one as a gift, I'd put it in the trash, quietly after a few months in the back of the closet. I'd not even sell it on ebay. I wouldn't want anyone else to own it.

Yes, it's that bad.

Reactions: Zitizen

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
They are slammed. I personally don't think they had much of a clue as to just how well received the Focus lineup and its platform was going to be. They repeated their deal with Antec, the Focus Gold is the platform in the Earthwatts Pro Gold again (just like the M12-II and Antec HCG were same platform, and XFX was the Seasonic G). And the Antec is selling like hotcakes too. I believe even Riotoro has a model with a Focus platform.

Look at any post about psu recommendations since the Focus was reviewed, you'll find there's 2 without fail. Seasonic Focus and corsair RMx. I can't remember the last time I saw a post here that didn't have at least one of them.

So I understand the sub out, even if the reason is not the actual one, but I agree (and so do others) it could have gone better.

And actually it's the exact same thing that was done to the newer XFX models, by Seasonic, and basically pretty much killed the XFX PSU division once reviews and information about the assembly being farmed out came to light. After that, I'm not sure WHY in the hell Seasonic chose to do the same thing to themselves except that undoubtedly plenty of people will buy them simply because they DO say Seasonic on them without having any idea of the surprises to be found inside.