My new computer won't turn on

thevictor795

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Hello there!
I recently finished gathering all the parts for my new pc
*Build provided below* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tfjBFd
One thing to note, I did not buy that specific case *i'm using an old one* I did not buy the cooler because I don't plan to overclock, and i'm using an old hard drive for now.
So I plugged everything in and I turned on the computer (yes, I did make sure the power brick is on) and I can hear my GPU, the pc case fan, and my PSU all work. My mobo's leds are just at red (i'm not sure if that's good or bad) but the CPU's fan isn't spinning (i'm not sure if it should at this stage)
Every monitor i've connected it to says "No signal" and i'm at an utter loss. I can provide pictures if needed, but please ask where exactly.
Thank you!

Lopperuk

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
I mean if the CPU fan isn't even spinning either its dodgy or you didn't plug it in correctly, you should read the motherboard manual to make sure everything is plugged in the right places, if if still doesn't work I imagine something is defective.

OneFIshSunfish

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014
Besides the 24 pin connector that plugs into the motherboard, there is typically also an 8 pin connector that plugs into the motherboard for the CPU. This is typically found near the top of the motherboard. Please ensure that is plugged in.