[SOLVED] My new PC Build won't boot up

q7v6rhgfzc8tnj3d

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro
CPU: Intel Core i5 9400f
GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 1060 GTX 6GB
RAM: G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-4300 DIMM 16GB (2x 8192MB)
Power Supply: Corsair CX500M
HDD: some old WD Blue HDD

Problem: I connected every cable there is. When I boot the system, every fan turns (cpu, external, graphics card) but I don't get an Image on my screen, in fact it won't even turn on. I connected my monitor via HDMI to my graphics card.

Is the GPU broken ?
No. I tried the GPU in my old system, it works just fine.

Is the HDMI cable broken ?
No. I connected the HDMI cable to my old system, it works fine.

Did you connect the cable the right way ?
I think so, yes. I have done it 10+ plus now, everytime switching back and forth between my old setup and the not yet working new one.

Did you try the second PCIe slot ?
Yes. same thing.

Any suggestion on what to try next ?

Solution
Are all the component new? Is this it's first boot? Is the monitor set for HDMI? If yes then give it a few minutes to initialise the components. Then disconnect one thing at a time and try again. Repeat until there is just the CPU, one stick of memory and GPU and nothing else connected to the motherboard. That means fans, front panel connectors, HDD, USB headers ect. You will need to keep the cpu fan connected though.

jacko.mj4

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
Are all the component new? Is this it's first boot? Is the monitor set for HDMI? If yes then give it a few minutes to initialise the components. Then disconnect one thing at a time and try again. Repeat until there is just the CPU, one stick of memory and GPU and nothing else connected to the motherboard. That means fans, front panel connectors, HDD, USB headers ect. You will need to keep the cpu fan connected though.

Solution

q7v6rhgfzc8tnj3d

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Hey man I love you. It wasn't exactly what you described, but close enough. For some reason I just needed to disconnect the cpu, and connect it again. Then the system started, went back off again and started again, now it works just fine.

Last edited: