My new PC Crashes at stock settings

Aug 26, 2018
I built a new pc recently, not my first build, but I have a strange problem. With all settings at stock, no XMP, auto settings on the CPU, my pc crashes when I stress test it with Intel Burn test or Cinebench. I have an ASUS PRIME Z370-A, 16 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 3200 Mhz (I checked the timings in the BIOS and they are correct) and i7 8700k. I also tried to adjust the voltage and the clock, but the final result is the same, black screen and no signal (but the pc is running) or BSOD that says "kernel" or "driver" error. I updated the bios to the latest version and the problem still persist. I also tried to apply the XMP profile, no luck. I have a kraken x62 and the temps are 65-70 celsius under stress test, nothing dangerous.The power supply is a Corsair RM 750X 80+ gold with a 10 year warranty, I dont' really think that's the problem. I think that there's something going on with the RAMs but I don't understand what it could be. Do you guys have some tips?

Solution

Download and open BSOD viewer. Take a screenshot.

Aug 26, 2018

The dump said that the problem was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with a reference to "ntoskrnl.exe", this only happened 1 time, most of the crashes are black screen and pc freeze

Did you install your motherboard drivers? Did you maybe instal some asus suite or something similar?

Usually this error means a wrong driver or a corrupted driver (or piece of software that interfaces with it hence why I'm asking if you installed some asus suite). I would do a reinstall of windows but first grab all the drivers from the asus website. Then reinstall windows and don't connect to the internet untill all are installed. I recommend doing it this way just to be safe and not have windows 10 fetch a driver from somewhere that could cause the issue.

Solution