My new pc gpu not working?

Ryan Indian-Patel

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Just purchased and put together all the parts for my first build and I'm having a problem with the graphics card. With the HDMi connected to gpu I only receive a corrupt looking screen (http://i64.tinypic.com/j16987.jpg). With the gpu powered integrated graphics do not work either. Although if I remove the power pins from the gpu, integrated graphics do work.

I have yet to install windows or connect the pc to the internet. I can only access the bios. Is there any chance that it is just because the drivers are not up to date? Or is there something else I'm missing?

I have removed the card and reinstalled it to ensure it's connected properly.

My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rQYNMp

Solution
From the screen shot you posted. If your monitor is working fine and that is the output image from your GPU (Video Card), it's clear that the card is faulty and needs RMA.

Light pink in shaded areas would result in under powered PSU, no image could result in server things, but that type of output in a working monitor confirms faulty GPU.

For example, if your TV had that image you would say the TV is bad right? Well, since you know your monitor works it must be what is sending the signal to the monitor (aka: GPU).

Ryan Indian-Patel

Reputable
May 17, 2014

Are you sure of this? and how do you know? Sorry i'm interested and also do not want to send it away to wait to then find out nothing is wrong with it.

Thanks again :)

From the screen shot you posted. If your monitor is working fine and that is the output image from your GPU (Video Card), it's clear that the card is faulty and needs RMA.

Light pink in shaded areas would result in under powered PSU, no image could result in server things, but that type of output in a working monitor confirms faulty GPU.

For example, if your TV had that image you would say the TV is bad right? Well, since you know your monitor works it must be what is sending the signal to the monitor (aka: GPU).

Solution
to rule out anything else make sure the mb has the newest bios file on it using onboard video. if it does make sure on your new gpu all the power plugs are connected at tight. if they were then your looking at bad memory on the gpu and as other has posted if it under 30 days send it back for refund and exchange.