Question My new PC is always 100% cpu while gaming.

BorrisD1010

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Hi !
I'm a player on Raibow Six Siege and I wanted to play, stream and have more FPS so I built a new computer.

Unfortunately, it's running with my CPU at 100% of its usage.
The thing is : I met poeple with same GPU and CPU but they don't have the same issue I have.

Here's my setup, nothing less, nothing more :
Intel i7-9700K
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC ULTRA
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Corsair Hydro Series H100x
Corsair CX 550M
NZXT H200

CPU at 100% won't able my computer to run anything else, like Streamlabs. If I stream, it has to be in 720p and I'll still have drops.

I just bought a new and better MOBO, but it didn't change anything. ( I'm gonna send it back)
Windows is freshly installed, so there is no weird software or spyware running on it. Only the drivers + 4 games.

Best regards,
Borris

Hi, question: How do you know your CPU is runnign at 100% all the time, what tool are you using ?

(After reading your question and researching, I found out that i7 9700K only have 8 cores 8 threads)
Anyways, for playing and streaming I would have choosen something with more cores and threads just to be more future proof, like Ryzen 3700X with some room for improvements, like Ryzen 3900X / 3950X (or the soon to be Zen 3) when they launch. Then again, you could update to a 9900K later on. I just don't know why Intel keep cheaping out cores and/or threads to users who buy the top tier CPUs, didn't they got the message yet ?

On topic: for Raibow Six Siege that CPU should be more than enough and have some room to spare for streaming.

I would download hwinfo portable(https://www.hwinfo.com/download/) and run the only sensor option and see what it show on CPU ussage.

1. Did you tried updating BIOS ?

2. Do you have the lastest drivers installed ?

3. Did you checked CPU ussage after installing Windows only, no apps, no games, no antivirus, no ethernet cable plugged or wifi, nothing, just plain Windows ?

Reactions: DMAN999

TRENDING THREADS