My new steelseries siberia v3, is not getting detected on my system.

ziklar

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
So earlier this week i bought steelseries siberia v3 (not the usb version), i came home, plugged it into my computer and apperently my computer wont regonize either my headphones nor my microphone on the headset. Whats weird is, when i plug in both cords, i am able to use my headset for sounds (only stereo can't configure it cause of realtek) but not my microphone. When i'm plugging only one cord into my computer, the sound in my headset does not work properly, but when i plug in the microphone cord aswell, the sound in the headset work fine.
I've nearly tried everything, searched the web thin, installed and reinstalled drivers hundred times.
I've also got that steelseries engine3 software thingy, where the headset is not regonized either.
I litterally don't know what to do, i can't get the microphone working.
Heres a picture of my realtek driver delete the microphone??? http://imgur.com/QJDwa0b
If it helps in any way, i've got a laptop.

Hope you can help me,
sincerely

Jombler007

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
DId you find an answer? Because I am having the exact same problem. I got the SteelSeries v3 recently. i plugged it into the the microphone and stereo jacks. The headset works fine however I wish to get the added feature of Engine 3 working but it wont autodetect it so i'm unsure as to what i should do.

RedQuirk

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015

I am also getting this problem!