[SOLVED] My new Zotac 3090 Ti (RMA replaced) is still not working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
I bought Zotac 3090 ti amp extreme halo. First, it didn't work most likely due to low voltage from my previous 650 W corsair PSU, so I upgraded to 1200 W Corsair PSU.

Still didn't work. So I shipped it back from my country to ZOTAC USA and they replaced it for me.

Then, the replacement GC is also not working :'(.

I tried it on multiple PCs, with teamviewer I can see it in device manager as (unrecognized driver) so I deleted the driver in hope that it fixes itself. Reset windows 11. Still not working.

I tried different DPs and HDMI, BIOS logo doesn't even show.

Please advise.

Specs:
ASROCK X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4
Ryzen 3800X
G.skill 16gb DDR4 Ram x2 sticks
Corsair 1200XHX fully modular
Zotac 3090ti Amp Holo
Windows 11
Bios version: X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 P4.30

7 June 2022 1230 pm local time:

Ok, I contacted them and they said even the older one was working in their testing but they replaced it anyways due to RGB LED issue. They say the replacement was tested and should be working.

So I dug-out my old Asus Z97-A, Intel 4690K, Kingston 8gb ddr3 ram with the Corsair HX 1200 PSU.

This mobo still works flawlessly.

I tried the 3090ti, didn't work yet, but still I didn't try all different PCIe cables.

Note: it seems the HX 1200 Came with 2 PCIe cables only, I was always using a different brand PCIe cable to be the third.

In summary what I tried:
Updating Bios ✓
Different CPU ✓
Different Motherboards ✓
DDR 4 & DDR 3 RAMS ✓
Original PSU Corsair Hx cables ✓
Resetting and updating windows ✓
Different PCIe slots ✓
Windows 10 & 11 ✓
Resetting BIOS by CMOS battery and jumper ✓
Installing Nvidia driver (didn't recognize an Nvidia graphics card and won't install therefore) ✓

Not tried yet:
Using a different PSU ×
Using another triple 8-pin adapter for 3090ti ×
Another RMA or refund ×

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
low voltage from my previous 650 W corsair PSU
Corsair is the brand of the unit, while 650W is the advertised wattage of said unit. What model was the unit? Also, you were limited in the power necessary for a system with a discrete RTX3090Ti.

BIOS version for your motherboard? Are you using any GPU riser cables?

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Corsair is the brand of the unit, while 650W is the advertised wattage of said unit. What model was the unit? Also, you were limited in the power necessary for a system with a discrete RTX3090Ti.

Currently using Corsair HX 1200 with seperate PCI cable for each of the three female power input adapter cable that came with the purchase.

Bios version:
X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 P4.30

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019

No riser cables

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
Don't believe there is a motherboard out there like this... Which one do you have?
AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S
AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3
AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming X

If you're not sure which one you have use Command Prompt with the command:
wmic baseboard get product,manufacturer,version,serialnumber

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Don't believe there is a motherboard out there like this... Which one do you have?
AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S
AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3
AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming X

If you're not sure which one you have use Command Prompt with the command:
wmic baseboard get product,manufacturer,version,serialnumber
According to command prompt:
Serial number: M80-C6009102354
Model: AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019

The replacement never touched the 650 Watts PSU, I used the 1200 HX by Corsair and it seems to power up nicely, but no display or recognition by the system.

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
PC part picker showed some possible incompatiblity with the PSU 6+2
pcie connectors. I tried daisy-chained connection and seperate pci cables connections. The estimated total power consumption is 664 Watts.

I also use a Coolermaster AIO for CPU and 2 m.2 SSD NVM memories

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Could be a defective triple 8 pin gpu cable ? Because that is the only thing that wasn't replaced with the RMA, and Zotac told me the replacement is tested and should be working fine.

when you switched from the 650w PSU to the 1200W PSU did you switch out every cable?

Also double check and make sure your not trying to use a CPU power cable for the PCI-e on the graphics card. While the PCI-e and CPU cables use the same ports on the power supply they cant be interchanged on the motherboard and graphics card.

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
when you switched from the 650w PSU to the 1200W PSU did you switch out every cable?

Also double check and make sure your not trying to use a CPU power cable for the PCI-e on the graphics card. While the PCI-e and CPU cables use the same ports on the power supply they cant be interchanged on the motherboard and graphics card.

I remember using all cables that came with the 1200 Watts PSU. I double checked and all cables are PCIe labeled.

I tried it on multiple PCs
Could be a defective triple 8 pin gpu cable ?
When trying it on other PCs, it was with your PSU (and cables), or they were using their own PSUs?
Generally, if even one cable would be defective, the system either would not boot at all or would boot with a prompt "connect power cables to GPU" (or something like that). The fact that system boots fine to Windows just does not recognize GPU tells me the replacement is not working (despite Zotac claiming that it was tested). Especially if it does the same thing on multiple machines.

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
When trying it on other PCs, it was with your PSU (and cables), or they were using their own PSUs?
Generally, if even one cable would be defective, the system either would not boot at all or would boot with a prompt "connect power cables to GPU" (or something like that). The fact that system boots fine to Windows just does not recognize GPU tells me the replacement is not working (despite Zotac claiming that it was tested). Especially if it does the same thing on multiple machines.

For the replacement, I went to a nearby PC shop and the guy there said he used it on 2 different PC and still didn't work. But at that time, I can find the "unrecognized device" item in the device manager menu.

Now I can't even find it at all (after deleting the driver).

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
For the replacement, I went to a nearby PC shop and the guy there said he used it on 2 different PC and still didn't work. But at that time, I can find the "unrecognized device" item in the device manager menu.

Now I can't even find it at all (after deleting the driver).

Still, is it possible for cables to be defective while the GC LED are on and breathing normally ?

Alucard4

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
That's exactly what you need to tell to Zotac customer support. Since the GPU does not work in multiple PCs, it's faulty.

That's what is so weird, it's an RMA, it should have been tested.

Now I will need to pay shipping fees and apply for VATS refund from my own country's customs. Shame on ZOTAC for this kind of failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.