Question My NVMe SSD suddenly dissappear

Oct 16, 2020
Hi i have an issue about my ssd please help me;

While playing games today evening, the SX6000 model of XPG (ASX6000PNP-512GT-C) NVMe SSD broke down suddenly and the computer reset itself. After the reset the auto repair part opened but failed. Then I tried system restore first and it gave an error. Then I tried to uninstall the last updates, it didn't happen again. The last time it didn't open in safe mode either. I cannot solve the problem. SSD is not visible in M.2 section of the BIOS menu and it says n / a, but it is in the Boot menu on the side (photo is attached). I bought the product 3 months ago, it has not been a problem so far, even 1-2 weeks ago I tested it from Crystal Info, 99 percent of the results were healthy, the BIOS is up to date. OS is windows 10
CPVs00.jpg

Leptir

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
The boot priority means nothing in this case. Just because the drive is on the list doesn't mean the BIOS has actually found that drive. And in fact, under "SATA Information" you can see you have not a single SATA drive and no M.2 drive either.

Try to restore the default values for your BIOS. That's the first thing I would try. Clear the CMOS too while at it. If the drive still doesn't show up, try removing it from the motherboard and re-installing it. If you still have no luck and you have another computer at hand, try installing that SSD in that other computer - that'll tell you for sure if the SSD is bad or your mobo is bad. But it's more likely you SSD died. Just because it's 3 months old doesn't mean it can't fail. And in fact you are lucky because it's still under warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Berkaysson
Oct 16, 2020
The boot priority means nothing in this case. Just because the drive is on the list doesn't mean the BIOS has actually found that drive. And in fact, under "SATA Information" you can see you have not a single SATA drive and no M.2 drive either.

Try to restore the default values for your BIOS. That's the first thing I would try. Clear the CMOS too while at it. If the drive still doesn't show up, try removing it from the motherboard and re-installing it. If you still have no luck and you have another computer at hand, try installing that SSD in that other computer - that'll tell you for sure if the SSD is bad or your mobo is bad. But it's more likely you SSD died. Just because it's 3 months old doesn't mean it can't fail. And in fact you are lucky because it's still under warranty.

Today I plugged the ssd to another computer and the computer was turned on with the existing hdd on that computer, but I still cannot open it with ssd, ssd appears under nvme in the bios menu of the other computer, but my main computer continues to write N / A. I also try to format the ssd but windows says "there was a problem". At least I could throw some of my important files to flashdisk, but when I turn on the pc with hdd, I can access the files of the ssd (by disk E), I can not boot and never open the pc with ssd, it was very strange to me.