[SOLVED] My optiplex 3020 wont post but the CPU fan spins

Feb 5, 2019
So i resently bought my brother a optiplex 3020 and put a graphics card and new power supply in it the problem is one we went to power is on and only the CPU and GPU fans spin i tryed a nother graphics card that didnt require much power and needed no psu connection and the fan on there didnt spin either the mother board light turns on put powers nothing in the mother board and also non of my optical drives work i didnt know if this was cause they also required powerd sata connectors and the mother bard didnt power them or if i possibly got a faulty psu or maby my mother board is broken let me know if you need anyother information anything helps thanks for the help

Solution
you mean the gpu and cpu fans right?

It may be the PSU having some cables not working, or it may be a bios issue.

Try the paperclip test on the 24 pin plug of the PSU.
Feb 5, 2019

So iv got an i5-4590 with a GTX 760 and a corsair VS500 watt psu its got an 80 plus rating and 8 gigs of memory that came with it i have 1 500 gig hard drive and also a 250 gig SSD and also let me say it worked perfectly fine before

Feb 5, 2019

Yes, iv tried this multiple times and still hasent worked :(

Feb 5, 2019

Yea it seems like if anything its a problem with something in the mother board or psu witch the psu powers on the GPU and CPU so i dont think its the psu but its one of the more likly causes

Feb 5, 2019

Sorry its taken me awile to get back i belive it is the power supply as because when i did the test it did nothing so i have a 5 year warrenty so it shouldent be a problem thanks for all the help!! :)