Question My OPTIPLEX 760 does not boot up when power is plugged in ?

Jun 24, 2022
When I plug in power to my Dell OPTIPLEX 760,it does not start up.No display no fans whirring ,nothing.But a small orange light on the motherboard is on.I tried changing the rams,CMOS battery,still no luck.

Note:When I press the small reset button on the power supply,fans start moving and an orange light shows up on power button but still no display.

Sorry for bad English

Jun 24, 2022
It rained heavily.
And today I put it in the sun for some time and when i booted it,it worked.Then I shut it down and now when I tried to start it...again the same problem😬

Note:I didn't shut it down.Actually the electricity was cut while I was using it.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2022
Try this:

1. Unplug the power cable from the wall socket.
  2. Press and hold the power button on PC for around 20 seconds, then release.
  3. Plug the power cable back in.
  4. Now press power button on PC to see if it will start.
I have tried this but It didn't work before.
However today I put it in the sun again and now I have managed to boot it.But I fear that if I shut it down it might not work again,so what should I do now?Can I do some settings are something like that?

I have tried this but It didn't work before.
However today I put it in the sun again and now I have managed to boot it.But I fear that if I shut it down it might not work again,so what should I do now?Can I do some settings are something like that?

Doesn't sound to me like simply changing some settings will fix it. Not sure what else to suggest other than taking it in to a PC repair shop for diagnosis.
Could be a faulty motherboard but that's only an educated guess.