My OS permissions are officially broken?

AxDSan92

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Hello everybody!

So far I've been running with this system since a fresh install of Windows 8.1 on October 3rd 2014 (roughly 9 months), Everything has been working great, except for like the past few days, everything has been crumbling down in terms of software permissions and what they need in order to run,

Specifically, I've been trying to install this software called HitFilm 3 Pro, it's an MSI executable, but every time I try to run it, it fails and shows me this error:

vptvZBb.png

Also, I have tried installing other programs and it seems to give me some trouble while accessing my Z:\ Drive... I have taken ownership of my Z:\ drive however permission errors still occurs... Is there a way I could have my current user to overcome this problems, like if I simply be a root user in Linux? (Note, I'm not coming from a Linux background, I've just worked with it, and I know how convenient a root user could be in these type of cases.)

Anything that could aid me in this problem?

Solution
run malware bytes..hitman pro scan make sure the system is clean. check your date and time if it slightly off it can cause issue. try making in windows an new admin account and see if the error are there. if there not then you could be infected or your windows install is damaged. the easy fix would be to back up and reinstall the os.
run malware bytes..hitman pro scan make sure the system is clean. check your date and time if it slightly off it can cause issue. try making in windows an new admin account and see if the error are there. if there not then you could be infected or your windows install is damaged. the easy fix would be to back up and reinstall the os.

Solution