[SOLVED] my partition is lost after using boot tool to fix windows boot problems now cannot see my files

tommie33

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
my pc would not boot up tried a few things which did not work used windows boot genius and it messed up my pc the files on the partition are lost and it seems to have split the drive which you can see in the picture below it`s a 1tb drive but below c: drive is the reserved partition the other is says 6.84gb the rest is unallocated wanted to ask if there is a way to recover the partition to how it was with just 1 partition with my files and windows can anyone help

boot-disk-error-lost-my-files.jpg

Solution
You might want try and recover your data using TestDisk or Recuva but please be warned that your mileage can and will vary. As for the OS, why didn't you try getting into Automatic repair mode/SafeMode? If you did indeed try to get into Automatic Repair mode but it wasn't responding then it's possible that the OS was corrupt beyond recovery or your drive might've burped/failed.

Please be warned that if you decide to reinstall your OS at this point of time, you can and will loose your prior data. Best work with recovering data and then install OS.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want try and recover your data using TestDisk or Recuva but please be warned that your mileage can and will vary. As for the OS, why didn't you try getting into Automatic repair mode/SafeMode? If you did indeed try to get into Automatic Repair mode but it wasn't responding then it's possible that the OS was corrupt beyond recovery or your drive might've burped/failed.

Please be warned that if you decide to reinstall your OS at this point of time, you can and will loose your prior data. Best work with recovering data and then install OS.

Solution