[SOLVED] My PC Black Screens after saving BIOS

Aug 21, 2020
Hi, I have a gigabyte B450M H. I just overclocked my Ryzen 3 3300G to 4ghz (which it is capable of running), went to save the BIOS, the PC Black screened and didn't POST. I've taken out the CMOS Battery and reset the BIOS and the PC seems fine if I don't touch the BIOS at all. As soon as I enter the BIOS, I don't POST. I want to fix this issue as all of my fast boot options, smart fan configurations and overclocking settings are stored in my CMOS. Ive tried updating one thing in the BIOS at a time except no matter what I do, I don't come out of BIOS with a post unless I reset bios. I'm not too keen on BIOS updating so if there's any other solution I would love it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Bios settings must be balanced. Just bumping speeds and not the supporting voltages or amperages etc can and does create instability, and bios will revert (default is 3 attempts) back to last known 'good' settings. It's one of the hazards of OC.

I know of a 3200G, a 3400G or a 3300x, but not a 3300G. Can make a difference if it's a G and you OC the cpu side without balancing the gpu side and you are using the igpu.

I'd strongly recommend you read up a lot on OC of your cpu, and bios updates are pretty straightforward now, bios usually will do it for you pretty much. Just follow directions exactly.

Aug 21, 2020
Bios settings must be balanced. Just bumping speeds and not the supporting voltages or amperages etc can and does create instability, and bios will revert (default is 3 attempts) back to last known 'good' settings. It's one of the hazards of OC.

I know of a 3200G, a 3400G or a 3300x, but not a 3300G. Can make a difference if it's a G and you OC the cpu side without balancing the gpu side and you are using the igpu.

I'd strongly recommend you read up a lot on OC of your cpu, and bios updates are pretty straightforward now, bios usually will do it for you pretty much. Just follow directions exactly.
Yep sorry, it's a 3200G. It's overclocked to 4ghz. I left the voltage box blank so I'm not sure if the CPU is receiving 0 voltage or if the BIOS is auto managing it. Do you know what voltage I can set the CPU to that will support 4ghz? Also, I can't enter decimals when in the overclocking menu so the voltage must be a set number (1, 2, 3). Thanks for replying.