My PC Can't "Wake up" After Entering Sleep Mode

linex12

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Hello everybody! I got one really irritating problem with my PC. It can't "Wake up" once it had entered in sleep mode. Actually, the PC turns on but the monitor is still black and only shows the message "Power save mode". I need to restart the PC in order to use it again. Sometimes the PC even enters in Sleep Mode by itself. Do you have any ideas for what could be causing this? I suppose it is the power supply to blame but who knows it could be the system, too. I'd be really thankful if someone help me to figure it out.

Solution

One thing you could try is removing all power from the machine (Switch off at the wall) then press and hold your Power button for about 30 seconds. Release, and try again with power restored. Next you could try...

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

One thing you could try is removing all power from the machine (Switch off at the wall) then press and hold your Power button for about 30 seconds. Release, and try again with power restored. Next you could try resetting CMOS by removing the CMOS battery for 30 secs, but that involves entering your Tower, and if it's sealed it may void your Warranty

Let me know, if its done

Solution

linex12

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014

Well, I said that everything's alright but unfortunately it's not. My brother've entered in Sleep Mode and has left it for about an hour or two. When I came to exit form the Sleep Mode it did the same - just black screen showing "Power Save Mode". I've noticed that it can't "Wake up" only if it has been in Sleep Mode for a long time.

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

Hi, have you tried "Unplugging the power and pressing the start button for 30 seconds! prior going to CMOS.

linex12

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
I tried the first one - to unplug the power and then hold the button and it worked the first time. But as I said I've noticed that it can't "Wake up" only if it's been left in this mode for a long time. If I put it in Sleep Mode and then turn it on immediately there's no problems. But, you know, It's useless. When I need Sleep Mode, I need it for a long time.

linex12

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
It's Windows 8.1 Pro. The PC is a Desktop Computer. It's not sold, I've bought the components and built it. Here're the full specs:

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A78M-HD+
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K, 3.4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 750 OC, 2Gb, GDDR5
RAM: Geil 4Gb, 1600MHz
PSU: 450W (I'm not sure about the manufactorer. It's not a famous one, you know.
HDD: Western-Digital Blue, 1Tb, 7200RPM, 64Mb cache

katguy

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?

linex12

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014

Well, I haven't found a solution so far but since I've updated to Windows 10 it works fine.