[SOLVED] My pc clicks then turns off after ram upgrade

Nov 1, 2018
Hi! after upgrading ram on a sony Vaio when i turn it on the computer comes on for 2 seconds, with no output and then turns off while making a clicking noise, the noise comes from the hard drive but when i switched it it still clicks from somewhere within the laptop. any help would be great thanks,
Kipp

Solution
remvoe hdd and see if you could acces it in an external enclosure on another system and if he still does the click the other one could be a power click off from laptop .
Nov 1, 2018

Yeah ive been up all night trying those, even with the old ram in the same slot, it still clicks and doesnt turn on

Nov 1, 2018

hi scout, yes the RAM is compatible. what do you mean by try the cmos? sorry i'm not the best with these things, thanks
Kipp

Nov 1, 2018

Hi is there anything else i can try as i would want to eliminate all other options. its stays on if the power button is pressed hard and it doesnt get to post screen. my hdd clicks as well as my speakers

Nov 1, 2018

Yes, i done the cmos thing, all 3 ac lights come on then go off. i hear a click from inside the hdd and somehwere else, thanks

Nov 1, 2018

Hi yes i have tried the hdd as a external hdd and it clicks but even without the hdd in the laptop it clicks

Nov 1, 2018

yes i could access the files, and i dont see any missing tabs

Nov 1, 2018

Yes i have tried using my own hdd and it still comes out with the same result

Nov 1, 2018

This laptop is very old now, but it is my mums and i offered to upgrade ram, i am very anxious about this!

Nov 1, 2018

yes it clicks off when there is power through ac and batery vice versa