[SOLVED] my pc component choice

May 7, 2020
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Cache 105W Processor
  • VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI ATX
  • Memory: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD
  • Memory2: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 256MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
  • Fan: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair RM Series
  • MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz
never built a pc before so I'm kind of worried that I made the wrong choice for each part of my new gaming pc.
Feel free to drop any comment, and please point out what part of my pc that does not fit right in here.... thanks:)))))))
BTW I bought a mid tower case for the whole thing

Solution
It's a bad motherboard, don't get it. Get a similarly priced ASUS or GB X570 board. This doesn't mean all MSI boards are bad, in fact they are often the best. But ONLY for that particular board, I'd avoid it.
Yeah, msi got good power delivery but in case of heat dissipation they often get very hot (3800X oc ed to 4.3ghz daily got the vrm and power phase around 90C or more, not good for longetivity). ROG or Aorus is your safe bet. Here i saved somone VRM Tier list for a safer system longetivity choice: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview# (click on the v 1.5 one on top left corner, its the most updated).
  1. 850 W is too much. 750 W is too much already, 650 is enough. The RM 650 is a great choice.
  2. Don't get a SATA SSD. Get something that is theoretically much faster such as the WD SN550, or the ADATA SX8200. They cost about the same as those Samsungs.
  3. It's a bad motherboard, don't get it. Get a similarly priced ASUS or GB X570 board. This doesn't mean all MSI boards are bad, in fact they are often the best. But ONLY for that particular board, I'd avoid it.
  4. What @Koekieezz said is absolutely true.

Reactions: Terr power
It's a bad motherboard, don't get it. Get a similarly priced ASUS or GB X570 board. This doesn't mean all MSI boards are bad, in fact they are often the best. But ONLY for that particular board, I'd avoid it.
Yeah, msi got good power delivery but in case of heat dissipation they often get very hot (3800X oc ed to 4.3ghz daily got the vrm and power phase around 90C or more, not good for longetivity). ROG or Aorus is your safe bet. Here i saved somone VRM Tier list for a safer system longetivity choice: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview# (click on the v 1.5 one on top left corner, its the most updated).

Solution
May 7, 2020
The way it's worded that looks like a Cyberpower pre built.

lol... you right... not smart enough to build my own and don't really wanna <Mod Edit> it up so here I am asking advices for future update. I want to enter this field starting by some replacing, updating, once I get more experience, than in the future i will probably build one myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I would probably change it to more like this.
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz [4.4GHz Turbo] 8 Cores/ 16 Threads 36MB Cache 65W Processor
  • FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+20] (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 NVME SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+118] (Combo Drive
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+30] (GSKILL Ripjaws V [+30
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (Wi-Fi) ATX w/ RGB, Realtek LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 8 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+49]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - EVGA 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply [+10]
  • VIDEO: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER KO GAMING 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] [+579] (Single Card)

May 7, 2020
Go for a 3200mhz one on the ram, go to the bios and set the xmp profile 2 enable, you might want to set the FCLK clock to 1600 to mke a better 1:1 ratio between your ram and cpu bus. overall its pretty good build. What case did you use for your build?
Corsair carbide series 678c ATX Mid Tower

May 7, 2020
I notice that but all the good asus mb and other good brand mb are out of stock, so I got the Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master. Plz tell me its a decent motherboard. Also I notice that a lot of good quality pc parts like cpu, gpu, mb and other pc essential component are all out of stock recently, even the new Lg monitor that i really like and other good ones are all sold out. cant find them anywhere. Is this normal? 2020, what a year.......

May 7, 2020

Also, your VRM Tier list provides a lot valuable information in terms of deciding what mb should I buy . THANKS!!!!

Reactions: Koekieezz