Question My PC crashes when browsing with Google Chrome, but not when gaming ?

Jul 9, 2024
Hello everyone,
My PC keeps crashing when using Google Chrome. There's no bluescreen; it just restarts. However, it doesn't boot up afterwards and gets stuck at the DRAM LED on the motherboard. To make it work again, I have to unplug the PC from the PSU. Strangely, it doesn't crash while playing games like Warzone 2.
Here are my specs:
  • TUF GAMING B650M-PLUS
  • Palit GeForce RTX 4080
  • AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • G.SKILL Flare X5 Series 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
  • XPG CORE Reactor 850Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified Fully Modular Power Supply
By the way, I use Docker, if that's relevant.
I tried to see event logs but there's no logs about it , also before 5 min i started my docker 5-7 min later pc shutdown and dram led is on and i had to turn off completely to make it work :/
Any suggestions on what might be causing this issue?

ryu750

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I know this sound very rudimentary but have you clicked on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner > Help > About google chrome. sometimes it gets stuck and does not update automatically.

Jul 9, 2024
And look in Reliability Histor/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error code, warning, or informational event just before or at the time Chrome crashes.
the only thing i see is
"
The previous system shutdown at 2:44:56 PM on ‎7/‎9/‎2024 was unexpected.
"
which is pretty useless :\

Ralston18

Titan
Just one occurance or multiple occurances?

Any error codes/IDs in the technical details?

Also use Event Viewer. Not as user friendly as Reliability Monitor and requires more time and effort.

To help:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Another thing you can do is to disable and/or uninstall Docker. Do some testing without Docker running and determine if the crashes stop. May take a couple of restarts.

Continue monitoring Reliability Monitor and Event Viewer for any subsequent changes.

Jul 9, 2024
Just one occurance or multiple occurances?

Any error codes/IDs in the technical details?

Also use Event Viewer. Not as user friendly as Reliability Monitor and requires more time and effort.

To help:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Another thing you can do is to disable and/or uninstall Docker. Do some testing without Docker running and determine if the crashes stop. May take a couple of restarts.

Continue monitoring Reliability Monitor and Event Viewer for any subsequent changes.

multiple occurances, and no there's literally 0 logs or details, the pc just restart however it fail to boot up due the dram led turned on.

about event viewer, the only thing i saw was "The previous system shutdown at 2:44:56 PM on ‎7/‎9/‎2024 was unexpected.", i tried to track this timestamp logs however nothing there and even before.
i believe it did turned off during normal browsing without docker being turned on.

TRENDING THREADS