[SOLVED] My PC doesn't boot when i plug in my CM LED/RGB controller .

Jun 4, 2020
I have just bought a ML360R and pplug everything in. But it didn't boot . When i try to boot the LEDs just falsh once and instantly turns off again. When i unplug the SATA power conector from the LED controller it boot like usual. Can anyone help me by any chance?

BTW. I have also tried to unplug everything from the LED/RGB controller except for the SATA power connector and it still doesn't boot.

Last edited:
Solution
I have but it's still just instantly shutting back down when I try to boot it.

You said even if the power is going to the controller it won't boot, meaning the controller is not in the motherboard header? Could be a bad power lead or the controller is faulty.
Jun 4, 2020
Double check your connections to the motherboard, if you have the RGB header wires to the motherboard make sure it's the right type of header for the cooler.
I have double checked the connections and it should all be plugged in the right way.

PS. I have a Msi x470 Plus motherboard.
PPS. Would pictures help?

Jun 4, 2020
You DO have all the connections right? If you get them wrong, it can fail to post since you'd end up either backfeeding or competing voltages.
This is a quickie video, but accurate. Notice where certain plugs go like cpu_fan header etc.
View: https://youtu.be/EQQaUzJEYAY
Everything is the same except for me having plugged all the fans and the pump directly connected to the controller and not with the splitter. Might it be because I have a SSD on the same SATA power line?

Jun 4, 2020
You said even if the power is going to the controller it won't boot, meaning the controller is not in the motherboard header? Could be a bad power lead or the controller is faulty.
OH thanks, for some reason I haven't taught of that. I could try to connect it up to a different powersupply and check whether or not the powersupply is bad or the controller.