My PC doesnt detect MOBO ports

Apr 18, 2020
HI guys, i have a problem with my PC. i was having an issues with my HDD, so i turned off my PC, unplugged it and plugged HDD from my brothers PC. after that PC couldnt detect my mouse, keyboard and my monitor as well. i swapped back my HDD.. Same. i tried all of the ports. i tried CMOS reset as well. nothing. what can be an issue here? i plugged my keyboard and mouse to my brothers PC and it works fine there. i did same trick with my GPU and it doesnt work on my brothers PC. im rly confused :/

Specs:
Mobo: Asus H97 Pro Gamer
Ram: Ballisticks 2x4GB (1333mhz)
CPU: i5 4690K
GPU: GTX 970

having problems with drives, peripheral devices, and now the GPU being dead;
i would assume the motherboard has gone bad. but it can be other issues like the CPU or a bad PSU causing things like this.

try using a known functioning PSU.
try reinstalling/reseating the CPU.
try each stick of RAM in each DIMM slot, one stick at a time. this could determine if a single bad RAM module or DIMM slot is causing issues.

Reactions: Chuvak1212
Apr 18, 2020
having problems with drives, peripheral devices, and now the GPU being dead;
i would assume the motherboard has gone bad. but it can be other issues like the CPU or a bad PSU causing things like this.

try using a known functioning PSU.
try reinstalling/reseating the CPU.
try each stick of RAM in each DIMM slot, one stick at a time. this could determine if a single bad RAM module or DIMM slot is causing issues.
Thank you for the advice. The problem was ram DIMM slots apparently. Slot 2 and 4 doesnt work anymore.. as soon as i switched to slots 1 and 3, problem fixed. weird i guess :D i tried every possible deductive method before this and this was the issue