[SOLVED] My PC doesnt power on unless 24-pin is jumped off.

Jan 21, 2022
My pc stopped working about 2 weeks ago and I finally found a solution... well kinda, when I jump the 24-pin connector of using a paper clip the cooling fans rgb works and fan spins but GPU and CPU do not. Im not sure what to do please help.

Solution
2 possible causes. Motherboard is toast. Psu is toast. Out of the 2, the psu is by far the cheapest and easiest to test/replace.

Not knowing what psu you have, kinda hard to say get the same one. Not knowing it's age, kinda hard to say buy another, it might be under warranty still....

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2 possible causes. Motherboard is toast. Psu is toast. Out of the 2, the psu is by far the cheapest and easiest to test/replace.

Not knowing what psu you have, kinda hard to say get the same one. Not knowing it's age, kinda hard to say buy another, it might be under warranty still....

Solution
Jan 21, 2022

Thanks I’m thinking it’s motherboard. Because the psu wouldn’t send power if it was broken right?