Question My pc doesn't start right.

Sep 28, 2021
Hello,so i have this problem with my pc,when i press the button to start the pc,it starts but i get no signal to the monitor and my mouse and keyboard don't light up neither,the pc has the lights on and seems to be running fine but other than my pc having lights nothing else works. The only thing i can do to make my pc work,my monitor to get signal and my keyboard and mouse to work is resetting the ram sticks.I had this problem i while back,i enabled xmp in bios and everything worked,until a few days ago when the problem started again,sometimes my pc restarts itself too when i try to power it and sometimes after i enable xmp when i start the pc it gives me a blue screen saying boot failure detected. What should i do?
Specs:
GPU GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 G1 GAMING 4GB GDDR5 256-bit
CPU Intel Haswell Refresh, Core i7 4790 3.6GHz box
RAM Kingston HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H97-Gaming 3
SSD ADATA XPG SX900 series 128GB SATA-III 2.5 inch
Hard disk Seagate Desktop HDD 2TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA-III
Cooler CPU Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
PSU Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W
DVD-Writer Samsung SH-224DB bulk black
Case Zalman Z11 Plus
Pc is second hand from my cousin,it was in good hands.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Including case connections.

Use a bright flashlight to carefully inspect all components for signs of damage.

Sep 28, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Including case connections.

Use a bright flashlight to carefully inspect all components for signs of damage.
I cleaned the pc few days ago,and it seems that the components don't have signs of damage.

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download1.gigabyte.com/File...ing3_e.pdf?v=004e2ff27793af129ba62410b3ae16f8

[Verify that I found the applicable manual.]

How full is that 128 GB SSD?

Starting on physically numbered Page 10 (Section 1-2, Product Specifications) ensure that all installed components are indeed supported by the motherboard. Go to Gigabyte's website and check the QVL (Qualified Vendors List). Pay attention to fine print, warnings, etc.. Details matter.

Check that memory is correctly installed and configured per Page 16.

XMP is on Page 39. However, you should first check everything via the entire User Manual especially with respect to BIOS in Chapter 2.

As a matter of elimination, install a new CMOS battery and then clear CMOS per Page 30.

Basically starting over - however that forces you to look at each configuration setting to determine if the setting is as it needs to be or is configurable within supported configurations.

As always, do be sure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations off of the computer. Ensure that the backups are recoverable. and readable.

Reactions: ChrAndrei