My pc everytime restarts when i run a game..!!!

pcgamer221

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
My pc everytime restarts when i run a game like NFS Most Wanted, PES, FIFA.....but Counter Strike 1.6 runs smoother without restart problem.....heat-sink and other some tricks are done...but same thing happened...my pc system specs- intel pentium dual core e5400 2.7 ghz, ASROCK g41-vs3 mobo, 2gb ddr3 ram, 450W PSU.....
o yahh, another thing, if i run my pc normally, it will restarts after some mins, but if i run pc with low voltage settings in bios, then its work like charm.....and for games, i OC my cpu speed from 2.7 to 2.03 ghz :(....is it problem of my PSU/CPU/CPU-FAN/what ?? (sorry for my bad English) plz help me

Solution
Your CPU is probably heating up , if you can run CS 1.6 , which is really not at all demanding then i believe it is the problem of heating.
Do you use a dedicated gfx card , deosnt look from your descrption that you do .
Do 1 thing :
Download CoreTemp , you must be knowing when your PC restarts like say 3 mins (for example), just Alt+tab out of the game after 2 or 2 and a half minutes and check the temperatures.
As much as i know my old pc's GFX card had died , and i cant live without CS 1.6 , so i used to play on extremely low settings , and i never cared abt the graphics , but as soon as i used to turn up the settings i used to either get a system restart or CS 1.6 would crash
I had a E7500 @2.93 , DG41RQ board , 4gb ddr2 , 600W PSU...

pcgamer221

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

okk...no need to move the jumper..?

Catalyzer

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Your CPU is probably heating up , if you can run CS 1.6 , which is really not at all demanding then i believe it is the problem of heating.
Do you use a dedicated gfx card , deosnt look from your descrption that you do .
Do 1 thing :
Download CoreTemp , you must be knowing when your PC restarts like say 3 mins (for example), just Alt+tab out of the game after 2 or 2 and a half minutes and check the temperatures.
As much as i know my old pc's GFX card had died , and i cant live without CS 1.6 , so i used to play on extremely low settings , and i never cared abt the graphics , but as soon as i used to turn up the settings i used to either get a system restart or CS 1.6 would crash
I had a E7500 @2.93 , DG41RQ board , 4gb ddr2 , 600W PSU
i really think its because of the CPU Stress that the system is restarting.
NFS,PES,FIFA are more demanding !
Please cehck back and reply

Solution
Jul 28, 2019
My pc everytime restarts when i run a game like NFS Most Wanted, PES, FIFA.....but Counter Strike 1.6 runs smoother without restart problem.....heat-sink and other some tricks are done...but same thing happened...my pc system specs- intel pentium dual core e5400 2.7 ghz, ASROCK g41-vs3 mobo, 2gb ddr3 ram, 450W PSU.....
o yahh, another thing, if i run my pc normally, it will restarts after some mins, but if i run pc with low voltage settings in bios, then its work like charm.....and for games, i OC my cpu speed from 2.7 to 2.03 ghz :(....is it problem of my PSU/CPU/CPU-FAN/what ?? (sorry for my bad English) plz help me
no luck bro :(....same thing happening....i did everything as u say..but no luck...
BRO ! its sounds like something missed in your installation or deleted by some third party antivirus you can watch this video for more solutions
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz4ehbyQmYQ

it may help you a lot !