Sep 26, 2020
pc spec:
i7 8700
z390 tuf gaming asus
samsung850 evo sata 3
hdd 2tb WD
psu - antec HCG 650 W

i bought my pc 1.5 years ago.
from day 1 my pc freeze randomly once a day.. while idle\gaming\ else ..

but later i finally found i stress test that usally make my pc freeze.

i ran it many itmes and everyitmes my pc freeze.

i notice that my pc freeze when my cpu reach 80 cpu

my memory if fine i think
ssd samsung 850 evo .
ithink they are fine .

i suspect that the issue from the cpu temp \ or my psu .

although 80 cpu not too dangers. but tht's what i notice. pc freeze always on 80 cpu.

here my pc temp when freeze :

Here is the IMAGE

edit ----------------------------

i sloved 80% of the issue.

its the XMP , when i ran stress test with xmp on, the cpu temp gooes higher( its not the issue) it goes 10 tmep higher from 70 (without xmp ) to 80 ( with xmp ) ..
when i run stress test with xmp pc freeze, without xmp pc doesn't freeze ..

i tried cpu stress test to figure if the cpu is the problem. so no its not, i reached 85 tmep ( intentionally ) the pc works fine.

so i will try another memory to check the issue, although i ran memorytest86 , no errors figured.

Last edited:
Why didn't you filed a complain on the phurcase, it seem pretty obvious that something is defect ?

I want to say it is the cpu, it should be able to withstand much higher temperature.

You may be lucky if it turns out it's only a bad CPU seating or some pollution gets inbetween contact points (remember that metal does expand on rising temperature) and you may be able to fix the issue by removing and put the cpu back again.

Sep 26, 2020
Why didn't you filed a complain on the phurcase, it seem pretty obvious that something is defect ?

I want to say it is the cpu, it should be able to withstand much higher temperature.

You may be lucky if it turns out it's only a bad CPU seating or some pollution gets inbetween contact points (remember that metal does expand on rising temperature) and you may be able to fix the issue by removing and put the cpu back again.

because i had no time.. its only freeze on stress test and high heavy tasks ( i dont use my pc for heavy tasks ) so i said i will go later to check it. its under warrenty... i wll clean my cpu okay.
I tried my friend gpu, the issue still .. so i will check memory today later before sleep , so the only issue i think may be cpu\mobo\psu .. or windows ?

because im getting freeze and sometimes after freeze i got blue screen clock watchdog timeout everytimes i run a stress test ... maybe i windows issue ?

If you notice it always crashes when cpu reaches 80 degrees, then it's probably not an os issue. Still - checking for unwanted programs at startup, malware and various cleaning may be a good idea, probably not relevant for this particular problem.

Sep 26, 2020
If you notice it always crashes when cpu reaches 80 degrees, then it's probably not an os issue. Still - checking for unwanted programs at startup, malware and various cleaning may be a good idea, probably not relevant for this particular problem.
what is CLOCK WATCHDOCK TIMEOUT Blue screen mean ?

Sep 26, 2020
i sloved 80% of the issue.

its the XMP , when i ran stress test with xmp on, the cpu temp gopes higher( its not the issue) it goes 10tmep higher from 70 (without xmp ) to 80 ( with xmp ) ..
when i run stress test with xmp pc freeze, without xmp pc donesnt freeze ..

i tried cpu stress test to figure if the cpu is the problem. so no its not, i reached 85 tmep ( intentionally ) the pc works fine.

so i will try another memory to check the issue, although i ran memorytest86 , no errors figured.