My pc freezes randomly after overclocking my amd fx8350, can anyone help me?

Zemmex111

Reputable
Oct 14, 2016
Hello there,

I've tried to overclock my amd fx8350, I've selected extreme on a lot of things in my bios and got it up to 4.83 ghz.

The cpu stays at around 50 degrees celcius when playing heavy tripple a games.
The problem is is that my pc freezes randomly when i am playing games or even watch youtube. The longsest gametime i had was about 45 minutes and the shortest was almoast a minute.
I think it might has to do something with the ammout of power the cpu gets. But i don't know anything about how much a cpu needs to have. I haven't tried to add more because i don't want to fry my gpu :(

Can somebody help me with this problem please?

Specs:
Amd fx 8350 4ghz (normal version)
Evga GTX 970 FTW (overclocked slightly)
Corsair h80i
Corsair 1000watt supply
Sabretooth 990FX R2.0
Kingston 1tb hdd
Samsung evo .. 240gb

Solution
to find you best overclock settings for this cpu start from factory speed and do prime 95 the rasie it one notch at the time doing the prime on each then when it start be unstable move back to the previous one that the fastest this cpu could handle .

CapyWarrior

Commendable
May 23, 2016
Did you run a stress tester? It sounds like your oc just isn't stable. You need to increase the core voltage in an overclock to give your cpu enough. Those CPUs turbo to 1.4 so you can safely go there without frying anything.

Zemmex111

Reputable
Oct 14, 2016

If i reduce it to 4.34 Ghz it doesn't freeze anymore, thats probably because it needs less power i think

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
to find you best overclock settings for this cpu start from factory speed and do prime 95 the rasie it one notch at the time doing the prime on each then when it start be unstable move back to the previous one that the fastest this cpu could handle .

Solution