Question My PC freezes unexpectedly.

Sep 3, 2020
I had this freeze like months, and it can happen anytime. Sometimes I can use it regularly until I can shutdown on my own. I've read about overheating might be the cause of the freeze (usually hitting 80 degree Celsius). So I bought a new 500W Segotep PSU (last one was about 10$), a CoolerMaster cooler (now hitting 60 - 65), and a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909, TWICE. But still getting crashes.

Specs:
Intel i5 3570K
Gigabyte B75M-D3V (rev1.1)
MSI RX560
2x Kingmax DDR3 4GB RAM (total of 8GB)
Western Digital 120GB SSD
Seagate 1TB HDD.

I tried cleaning RAM, the GPU, tighten on the SATA ports, tested with memtest86, checked the GPU, hard drives. But nothing worked, any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

A couple of things wrong are;
1| We're on 2004 for Windows 10, update to the latest version or reinstall the OS after creating your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

2| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard prior to the OS update.

3| You should invest in a good PSU. Things that are found in the bargain bin, always leads to the 4th of July inside your chassis(or your entire house).

Sep 3, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

A couple of things wrong are;
1| We're on 2004 for Windows 10, update to the latest version or reinstall the OS after creating your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

2| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard prior to the OS update.

3| You should invest in a good PSU. Things that are found in the bargain bin, always leads to the 4th of July inside your chassis(or your entire house).
Will try updating the BIOS, thank you for replying!

Edit: And yes, I replaced a good PSU this time.
Edit 2: Good god, that worked.
Edit 3: uhh... still getting freezes.

Last edited: