Question My pc froze while gaming

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
So guys my pc had some issues a few months ago where the screen would freeze and it made a wired noise coming from my headphones turns out it was my graphics card. my graphics card was a gt210 so i upgraded my pc to a core 2 quad q6600 gt1030 and got a new psu so now when i was playing far cry 4 i changed my settings from med to high and when i did that my pc froze and started making that sound again should i be worried?
Sorry for my bad English

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
So guys my pc had some issues a few months ago where the screen would freeze and it made a wired noise coming from my headphones turns out it was my graphics card. my graphics card was a gt210 so i upgraded my pc to a core 2 quad q6600 gt1030 and got a new psu so now when i was playing far cry 4 i changed my settings from med to high and when i did that my pc froze and started making that sound again should i be worried?
Sorry for my bad English

MatChesix

Commendable
Apr 3, 2020
Sorry for my bad English
Well it could be the GPU again, but before you do anything you should open up your PC and check if its clean and isn't dusty, if it is you should carefully clean it and if after that it still crashes you could start trouble-shooting your GPU. I would recommend to take it to a computer service and get it diagnose, a lot of shops diagnose for free.

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Well it could be the GPU again, but before you do anything you should open up your PC and check if its clean and isn't dusty, if it is you should carefully clean it and if after that it still crashes you could start trouble-shooting your GPU. I would recommend to take it to a computer service and get it diagnose, a lot of shops diagnose for free.
Well my gpu is new like i said i replaced my gt210 with a gt1030 i got it like a week ago i'm using my pc now and it doesn't have any issues so far. I even ran the game at high settings without any issues.