Question My pc has a problem oc

Mar 26, 2019
So I bought a cybatron pc about 5 years ago and I have oc it before and it worked fine so I decided I wanted to swap out the hdd with and ssd and ever since I did that it boots normal without oc but if I overclock the cpu at all in the bios it wont boot into windows it starts to boot and then restarts itself over and over until it goes into windows repair mode please help.

Specs.

Motherboard: am1a-a
Cpu: amd athalon 5150
Ram: 16gb

Mar 26, 2019
So I bought a cybatron pc about 5 years ago and I have oc it before and it worked fine with the hdd it came with so I decided I wanted to swap out the hdd with and ssd and ever since I did that it boots normal without oc but if I overclock the cpu at all in the bios it wont boot into windows it starts to boot and then restarts itself over and over until it goes into windows repair mode please help.

Specs.

Ram: 16gb 1600mhz
Ssd: wd blue 250gb
300 watt power supply

Please I really need help getting this fixed

So I bought a cybatron pc about 5 years ago and I have oc it before and it worked fine with the hdd it came with so I decided I wanted to swap out the hdd with and ssd and ever since I did that it boots normal without oc but if I overclock the cpu at all in the bios it wont boot into windows it starts to boot and then restarts itself over and over until it goes into windows repair mode please help.

Specs.

Ram: 16gb 1600mhz
Ssd: wd blue 250gb
300 watt power supply

Please I really need help getting this fixed
This is a pretty obscure processor AND motherboard that was really only sold in OEM bundles (like that Cybatron) and so there's not a lot of information available. But I believe the 5150 processor is multiplier-locked. That means the only way to overclock it was to overclock the front side bus (FSB) clock. I'm not sure how an AM1 board works, but doing that could also be overclocking PCIe and SATA. If so, the new drive(s) are quite probably not nearly so tolerant of that as the old drives were.

You're probably lucky the system is simply restarting as if it managed to hobble itself into operation it would probably corrupt data on the drives, maybe even leaving them inaccessible.

Mar 26, 2019
This is a pretty obscure processor AND motherboard that was really only sold in OEM bundles (like that Cybatron) and so there's not a lot of information available. But I believe the 5150 processor is multiplier-locked. That means the only way to overclock it was to overclock the front side bus (FSB) clock. I'm not sure how an AM1 board works, but doing that could also be overclocking PCIe and SATA. If so, the new drive(s) are quite probably not nearly so tolerant of that as the old drives were.

You're probably lucky the system is simply restarting as if it managed to hobble itself into operation it would probably corrupt data on the drives, maybe even leaving them inaccessible.

Well heres the funny thing I can overclock it from base clock of 1600 mhz to 1680 mhz but any farther than that it wont work

I'm increasing the apu in the bios so I'm using the bios to overclock it

Check out this post:

It sounds like you're using FSB overclocking; it's still done in the BIOS. The new drives are just not as tolerant of that as the old ones were.

Mar 26, 2019
Check out this post:

It sounds like you're using FSB overclocking. The new drives are just not as tolerant of that as the old ones were.

But theres another twist I tried to install windows on the old drive it worked but with the original hdd I still couldnt overclock it!!!

So yea but I really need this fixed

All I can suggest is recreate the exact same conditions you had before, when overclocking was successful.

I can also tell you that Windows will always restart and go into repair mode if it doesn't get a successful boot with two or more attempts. So you have to start up without overclocking, let it go into repair mode then restart again and get into windows. In repair mode be sure to do a Scandisk of the drives before restarting to get into windows. I don't know if that will help you overclock, but at least you can know if windows should be booting or not.