Question My PC has been randomly restarting lately.

Jul 26, 2019
For a while my PC has been restarting randomly without any error or warning. (the screen would turn black and sometimes I could hear some fans spin up really loud and then it slows and the PC reboots) At first I chalked it down to my gtx 1070, which led me to uninstall my driver's with ddu in safe mode and then reinstall new ones. It didn't work however and the restarts still happened. I decided to lower the power of my graphics card in msi afterburner and it seemed to have worked as I have not had a restart for a day( I use my PC extensively and I cleaned it of dust recently.) This leads me to believe that the power supply is to blame, but I don't know enough about computers to figure it out. (My power supply isn't underpowered and has been running perfectly for 2 years so I don't think watts are a problem)

OK, That's an inferior quality PSU, at least in my opinion, but I'm not going to discuss about power supplies here at Tom's HW forums anymore.

But, I still suggest you better replace and change this TR2 power supply, for some other high-quality unit, IF possible.

Last edited: