Question My pc has some weird issues! Help!

Apr 4, 2019
So I bought a new mb, cpu, and cooler about two weeks ago. I had some issues with my previous mb, they are listed here:

-My keyboard leds are not turning on always when I start my PC.
-Mb shows debug leds (All of them turn on separately).
-Internet connection is poor.
-Headset (Arctis 5) sound quality is crappy.
-PSU makes wheezing sound and it clicks when turning pc off.
-One vertical line in the middle of my screen moves to the left of the screen and leaves a blank space in the middle of the screen and the two pieces of the screen connect to each other.

When I installed my new mb and all of those other components, it showed up all those same problems. It works, but not correctly. Everything works fine after I reconnect my keyboard and headphones. As I listed above my psu is wheezing when I'm gaming and it makes a click when I turn off my pc. So I replaced my psu on its warranty with no result. I think the click comes because the power cuts out of every component at the same time. The wheezing becomes higher when the gpu needs more power. The only new problem which appeared when I installed the new mb was that my cpu shows up 12 cores and temperature is 90C on desktop. I have installed all the drivers correctly.

Specs:

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon (new)
MSI GTX 1070Ti 8gb
HyperX Fury DDR4 16 Gb 2400MHz CL15
AMD Ryzen 2600X (new)
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black edition (new)
Corsair RM750x (new)
Seagate Barracuda 1Tb HDD
Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb M.2 SSD

In case you need these:

Acer Predator XB271HU
Steelseries Apex M800
Steelseries Rival 300
Steelseries Arctis 5

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You mention you had these problems with the old hardware as well? Have you checked your power outlet and or power strips powering the system?

Some power supplies have relays in them that will audibly click. Many audio cards also have them (how you change connection types without getting crosstalk from other lines, an actual physical disconnect)

The wheezing sound is probably coil whine from the PSU. GPUs often do it as well.

Ryzen 2600X does have 12 threads, so that is normal. It will show up as 12 logical processors. 90C on the other hand is not normal, particularly with an aftermarket cooler. Even the venerable 212 should do better than that. I suggest trying out the cooler installation again.

G-sync monitors often need drivers to work properly as well. G-sync does cause the occasional visual glitch on the desktop, usually a black screen at brief intervals. What you are describing sounds very strange, perhaps a refresh rate mismatch? Check to make sure your refresh rate in Window is properly set. A recording of the issue would be useful.

USB can be tricky sometimes. I often have to unplug my mouse and plug it back in from a cold start. It will fire up as Windows is booting, then go dark when the login screen appears, my mouse is a steel series sensei (the old one)

Have you translated the debug LEDs from the motherboard manual to see what it is saying? Many debug LEDs and 7-segment displays will still show a 'running normally' indicator at all times. During boot it will go through several codes. (The idea there is if it fatally stopped it should display the last part of the boot sequence)

Internet connection being poor is a little strange again. This could be tied to the overly warm CPU. Same with the sound. All that data goes through the CPU at some point.

If you haven't done a BIOS update on the motherboard, do so.

Apr 4, 2019
You mention you had these problems with the old hardware as well? Have you checked your power outlet and or power strips powering the system?

Some power supplies have relays in them that will audibly click. Many audio cards also have them (how you change connection types without getting crosstalk from other lines, an actual physical disconnect)

The wheezing sound is probably coil whine from the PSU. GPUs often do it as well.

Ryzen 2600X does have 12 threads, so that is normal. It will show up as 12 logical processors. 90C on the other hand is not normal, particularly with an aftermarket cooler. Even the venerable 212 should do better than that. I suggest trying out the cooler installation again.

G-sync monitors often need drivers to work properly as well. G-sync does cause the occasional visual glitch on the desktop, usually a black screen at brief intervals. What you are describing sounds very strange, perhaps a refresh rate mismatch? Check to make sure your refresh rate in Window is properly set. A recording of the issue would be useful.

USB can be tricky sometimes. I often have to unplug my mouse and plug it back in from a cold start. It will fire up as Windows is booting, then go dark when the login screen appears, my mouse is a steel series sensei (the old one)

Have you translated the debug LEDs from the motherboard manual to see what it is saying? Many debug LEDs and 7-segment displays will still show a 'running normally' indicator at all times. During boot it will go through several codes. (The idea there is if it fatally stopped it should display the last part of the boot sequence)

Internet connection being poor is a little strange again. This could be tied to the overly warm CPU. Same with the sound. All that data goes through the CPU at some point.

If you haven't done a BIOS update on the motherboard, do so.
Hey, I updated my bios and drivers and now everything is working properly.
Thank you for your help!