Question My pc is booting but nothing shows up. Display is working because when i remove drives it displays bios setting.

ad0792

Prominent
Nov 25, 2022
I am having this issues with my pc. It boots up but nothing shows on monitor, infact the monitor doesnt even realize that pc is on because it says "no vga cable, display will into power saver mode" so that means it thinks pc is off.

But if i remove both drives, i have 1 ssd and 1 hdd when i remove them. Pc boots into bios.

But if i connect either of the drives it just boots but dont show anything.

Now, windows is installed on SSD so i tried to boot without ssd and only connecting hdd to check if it boots in bios and detects the hdd but it just does shows anything. Pc turns on and remains on without any display.

This is strange issue i am not able to understand. When drives are removed it boots into bios so that means mboard is working fine.

But when drives are connected it boots but shows nothing. Initially i thought its the drive issue but how can both drives be damaged at the same time? It makes no sense. For example if there is some issue with OS or Ssd then should not work with ssd connected. But when i connect hdd it should boot into bios as it does when none of the drives are connected.

Does that means its bios setting issue. I am so confused.

How it happened. So i was working on my pc and suddenlly everything frozen and mouse keyboard got disconnected (their lights went off) nothing was working so i rebotted the system. It boots normallly and shows me sign in screen. But as soon as i sign in it goes complete black and monitor says no vga connected etc etc. This happened few times. And now absolutely nothing shows up.

Please help me guys, thanks you.