My PC is not detecting my GPU

plutonon14

Reputable
Apr 13, 2016
I recently got a new PSU and I noticed the my computer does not pick up any sign of external graphic, I own this card almost a year now and had no issues with it watch is Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, not sure what is going on, I tried take it out an put it back it, also reinstalling all the drives and all windows updates as well, I checked the BIOS to see if the it taking the slot for external graphic card and it's set on PCI slot 1, not sure what else I could try, I will appreciate any advise on that.

Gallarian

Distinguished
Nvidia would not complete the Driver install if it couldnt detect your card. If the drivers have installed properly, it means your card is being recognized.

Download Nvidia Geforce Experience and see if it comes up in there.

plutonon14

Reputable
Apr 13, 2016

Yes you are right,I forgot to mention that, it says "Nvidia GeForce Experience requires a Nvidia GPU" similar is with the Nvidia drives

ddr250

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
Try to use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU).

You can try this without uninstalling the previous driver and DDU, just download the latest driver from Nvidia website and install it, if that didn work, try this out: First of all, uninstall the GPU driver from device manager-> display adapter-> right-click on the GPU driver and uninstall, BUT DO THAT IN SAFE MODE!!! Then run DDU again in safe mode and follow the steps, but i recomend you to read more about DDU and how to use it. Then download the latest GPU Driver from Nvidia website and install it. Hope this helps! ;)

PS: Sorry for the bad language! :wahoo:

plutonon14

Reputable
Apr 13, 2016

I fixed my computer, but thank you for you replay I will look in to because I might need this thanks ^^